In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
Our two-year APAC Graduate Programme has been designed to give you the support and development you need to start a successful career in financial services. You can join us in one of several business areas or support functions, and take on real responsibility from day one. Commencing in August you will start off with a comprehensive induction at our regional learning centre, where you’ll be immersed in group training and discover more about the BNP Paribas Group.
Then you’ll start your business specific technical and financial training, alongside personal skills development aimed at equipping you with the knowledge you need to get you the best possible start in your career.
Further training will be delivered throughout your two-year graduate programme, taking you along a tailored development path to build your expertise and broaden your base of skills. You’ll also have the chance to experience other parts of the business through cross-entity projects, which will help you understand how we approach complex work and give you the chance to develop a strong internal network.
Throughout the programme, you’ll be mentored by experienced managers and team members who will make sure you’re getting everything you need to grow.
Within BNPP China, the KYC Operations team’s is responsible for the KYC due diligence on the clients of the bank for onboarding or recertification.
Perform local China capital market operation’s day to day tasks, and provide support to Global Markets and Treasury activities, reporting to the Head of Capital Market Operation.
- To handle operation risk analysis and control for GM & ALMT products;
- To handle regulatory reporting analysis and enhancement
- To enhance the spreadsheet coding maintained by CMO
- To participate in CMO related projects hosted by CFETS/SCH and other regulator
- To liaise with Front Office or other internal/external counterparties for operation process and regulatory reporting related issues.
- To rotate within capital market operation including back office and middle office
- Contribute to improve the efficiency of daily workflow
- Contribute to identify the issues related with capital market operation during day-day task
- Contribute to timely information sharing and escalation among the team members.
Permanent Control Aspects
- Bring direct contribution to BNPP operational permanent control framework.
- Contribute to the implementation of operational permanent control policies and procedures in day-to-day business activities, such as Control Plan
- Comply with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines
- Contribute to the reporting of all incidents according to the Incident Management System
- Ensure audit recommendations are resolved within the specific timeline.
- Minimizing operational failure, including but not exclusively, the risk of fraud, by helping to devise, and by implementing, sufficient regular controls
- Ensuring appropriate escalation to management and/or Permanent Control (or Compliance as appropriate) as soon as an issue is identified
- Bring Direct contribution to BNPP operational permanent control framework
- Comply with internal and external regulatory and compliance requirements
- Comply with the BNPP standards of Code of Conduct
- Comply with the BNPP IT Security policies
- Anti Money Laundering / Financial Sanctions “AML/FS”) related duties: Operations are an integral part of the control framework including for AML/FS topics. In that respect, in performing your role you are expected to ensure adherence to AML/FS‐related Group Policies and execution of associated operational controls, and to promptly escalate any resulting hit for analysis and decision.
- Ensure to complete mandatory compliance e-learning courses as well as annual classroom AML training
- Ensure the quality of data within the scope of responsibility.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Detail Oriented with reliable and responsible personality
- Comfortable in multi-cultural environment
- Basic understanding of global market products
- Good communication skills as the position requires to liaise with people from different departments and located in many locations
- Proactive and autonomous with the ability to escalate and report to management key issues or projects that require additional support
- Analytical skills and ability to lead the project
Students who have recently graduated or graduating in 2019/2020 from all areas of disciplines are most welcome to apply. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
• Second upper and above (ie GPA 3.3/4)
• Takes initiative and is results driven
• Strong decision making and analytical skills
• Act with integrity
• Ability to manage change and complexity with confidence
• Strong team player
• Client focused and commercial thinking
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Self-motivated and genuine interest in Banking and Finance
• Proficiency in Microsoft office (MS Word, Excel & Power point) * Strong excel (VBA ) knowledge with ability to develop macros and pivot tables to enable automation of management reports and analytics
• Prior related internship within the banking industry is an advantage
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- Fluent in Mandarin and English
- Bachelor Degree in Economics or Finance preferred with additional computer science degree is value added
- Basic understanding of accounting and financial market is value added;
- Proficient Computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel/ Word. Coding skill ( ie, VBA Basic knowledge and skill / Python etc is a must (Level: Advanced)