In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
Our two-year APAC Graduate Programme has been designed to give you the support and development you need to start a successful career in financial services. You can join us in one of several business areas or support functions, and take on real responsibility from day one. Commencing in August you will start off with a comprehensive induction at our regional learning centre, where you’ll be immersed in group training and discover more about the BNP Paribas Group.
Then you’ll start your business specific technical and financial training, alongside personal skills development aimed at equipping you with the knowledge you need to get you the best possible start in your career.
Further training will be delivered throughout your two-year graduate programme, taking you along a tailored development path to build your expertise and broaden your base of skills. You’ll also have the chance to experience other parts of the business through cross-entity projects, which will help you understand how we approach complex work and give you the chance to develop a strong internal network.
Throughout the programme, you’ll be mentored by experienced managers and team members who will make sure you’re getting everything you need to grow.
Context and Purpose
In a changing world, BNP Paribas Securities Services is a leading global custodian and multi asset securities services provider, backed by the strength and solidity of a universal banking group. Our mission is to protect and secure assets for all participants of the investment cycle: buy-side, sell-side and issuers.
BNP Paribas Securities Services (BP2S) has offices in eight locations in Asia Pacific: Singapore, India (Mumbai and Chennai), Hong Kong, Beijing, Malaysia, Japan, Australia and New Zealand.
Market & Financing Services (MFS) is a critical part of the BP2S activities in APAC both in terms of revenue contribution and expansion of the services > 2025.
We now have an exciting opportunity for an entry-level position to work in support of a Senior Manager gaining an understanding of the running of the business activities and demonstrating good project management and organizational skills. The incumbent is expected to support the Head of MFS in managing assigned projects that are part of BNP Paribas Securities Services growth plan in APAC.
To support the Head of MFS by managing Projects under their responsibility.
To contribute to BNP Paribas Securities Services growth in APAC by taking ownership of assigned projects as the case may be.
To coordinate and supervise topics in order to strengthen the governance and control processes.
To support the MFS APAC team in co-ordination and administrative support for internal and external deliverables which may range from procedural to requests for proposals.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• To co-ordinate administrative tasks transversally for MFS in APAC that may range from rutien deliverables and KPI’s to RFP’s.
• To work with key internal stakeholders across the bank (Métiers and regions) and to facilitate the execution of assigned projects.
• To develop relationships with other business areas within BNP Paribas (e.g. functions, ITO, COO Office) to facilitate the execution of assigned projects by being able to federate the necessary resources and inputs on the project
• To leverage our global project/implementation teams capacities
Project management skills
• To demonstrate a strong organizational capacity to bring together various elements within BP2S
• To actively propose adequate governance structure depending on the type and size of project, and to ensure appropriate organization and follow-up
• To take ownership where suitable of organizing the project team, defining project streams, documenting delivery timeline, ensuring progress and timely escalation of blocking points
• To demonstrate autonomy in following up on topics, notably by being able to quickly grasp key business issues, volunteering solutions and sharing key information.
Business management skills
• Ability to organize and structure meetings and governance
• Strong presentation design skills
• Organization and documentation skills
Specific Qualifications Required
The successful candidate should fulfill the following as well;
1. University graduate with some Finance, International Business or Markets studies
2. Good scripting skills in terms of PowerPoint, excel or other business used applications
3. High degree of autonomy to bring immediate value
4. Demonstrated project management, problem solving and organizational skills (Prince 2 or Lean project management certification an advantage)
5. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
6. Ability to multi-task and work in a challenging environment
7. Very good command of English and other languages are a plus
Students who have recently graduated or graduating in 2019/2020 from all areas of disciplines are most welcome to apply. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
• Second upper and above (ie GPA 3.3/4)
• Takes initiative and is results driven
• Strong decision making and analytical skills
• Act with integrity
• Ability to manage change and complexity with confidence
• Strong team player
• Client focused and commercial thinking
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Self-motivated and genuine interest in Banking and Finance
• Proficiency in Microsoft office (MS Word, Excel & Power point) * Strong excel (VBA ) knowledge with ability to develop macros and pivot tables to enable automation of management reports and analytics
• Prior related internship within the banking industry is an advantage