2020 APAC Graduate Programme - HR Graduate
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
Our two-year APAC Graduate Programme has been designed to give you the support and development you need to start a successful career in financial services. You can join us in one of several business areas or support functions, and take on real responsibility from day one. Commencing in August you will start off with a comprehensive induction at our regional learning centre, where you’ll be immersed in group training and discover more about the BNP Paribas Group.
Then you’ll start your business specific technical and financial training, alongside personal skills development aimed at equipping you with the knowledge you need to get you the best possible start in your career.
Further training will be delivered throughout your two-year graduate programme, taking you along a tailored development path to build your expertise and broaden your base of skills. You’ll also have the chance to experience other parts of the business through cross-entity projects, which will help you understand how we approach complex work and give you the chance to develop a strong internal network.
Throughout the programme, you’ll be mentored by experienced managers and team members who will make sure you’re getting everything you need to grow.
Within BNPP China, the KYC Operations team’s is responsible for the KYC due diligence on the clients of the bank for onboarding or recertification.
The APAC Graduate Programme is a comprehensive 24 month programme designed to equip graduates with the technical skills and individual competencies to embark upon a successful career within the BNP Paribas Group. This opportunity includes a formal mentoring program, graduate community initiatives, relevant technical training and on- the- job learning from our senior managers and highly experienced team members.
Gain experiences of all aspects of HR functions, and progress to work independently in assignments after 2 years’ on-job learning and development.
• Become knowledgeable on recruitment, compensation and benefits, learning and development, as well as other HR projects and initiatives, i.e. positive management, diversity and inclusion, etc.
• Receive on-job technical training and mentoring, and proactively reflect on self-progress
• Recruitment & onboarding:
- Assist HRBPs in meeting business recruitment needs in a timely manner through liaison with agencies/ candidates
- Coordinate prospective junior candidates, and endure end to end process (from placing ads to interviewing, hiring and onboarding) is duly completed with quality
- learn to assess talent to build a strong team
- Conduct orientation session for new junior employees
- Ensure new employee records/ declaration/ acknowledgements are correctly tracked and documented according to all applicable laws and internal compliance requirements
- Update employee information timely in relevant HR systems and databases
• Compensation and benefits:
- Assist in monthly payroll preparation and related reporting
- Assist in employee benefit registration/ deregistration with external vendors/ local government agencies
- Participate in annual salary survey
- Assist in HR budget exercise
• Learning and Development
- Handle training administration work
- Input relevant data and generate related reports
• Policy and procedure
- Assist with production, implementation or update of HR policies and procedures
- Build credibility with employees to facilitate communication
- Respond to queries from employees and refer issues to senior HR colleague when necessary
• Work with HR colleagues in and outside China on tasks assigned
• Learn how to build corporate culture
• Maintain an environment that supports diversity and inclusion, and a good place to work
• Support various HR programmes or initiatives
Permanent Control Aspects
For all employees other than managers:
• Direct contribution to BNPP operational permanent control framework.
• Contribute to the implementation of operational permanent control policies and procedures in day-to-day business activities, such as Control Plan
• Comply with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines
• Contribute to the reporting of all incidents according to the Incident Management System
• Ensure audit recommendations are resolved within the specific timeline.
Students who have recently graduated or graduating in 2019/2020 from all areas of disciplines are most welcome to apply. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
• Second upper and above (ie GPA 3.3/4)
• Takes initiative and is results driven
• Strong decision making and analytical skills
• Act with integrity
• Ability to manage change and complexity with confidence
• Strong team player
• Client focused and commercial thinking
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Self-motivated and genuine interest in Banking and Finance
• Proficiency in Microsoft office (MS Word, Excel & Power point) * Strong excel (VBA ) knowledge with ability to develop macros and pivot tables to enable automation of management reports and analytics
• Prior related internship within the banking industry is an advantage