2020 APAC Graduate Programme - G10 Rates AUD / USD Trader
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
Our two-year APAC Graduate Programme has been designed to give you the support and development you need to start a successful career in financial services. You can join us in one of several business areas or support functions, and take on real responsibility from day one. Commencing in August you will start off with a comprehensive induction at our regional learning centre, where you’ll be immersed in group training and discover more about the BNP Paribas Group.
Then you’ll start your business specific technical and financial training, alongside personal skills development aimed at equipping you with the knowledge you need to get you the best possible start in your career.
Further training will be delivered throughout your two-year graduate programme, taking you along a tailored development path to build your expertise and broaden your base of skills. You’ll also have the chance to experience other parts of the business through cross-entity projects, which will help you understand how we approach complex work and give you the chance to develop a strong internal network.
Throughout the programme, you’ll be mentored by experienced managers and team members who will make sure you’re getting everything you need to grow.
• Buy and sell a defined range of instruments ﴾as per desk mandate﴿ for our clients and take positions on behalf of the Bank
• within defined limits to facilitate client business.
• Provide market liquidity through market making in a defined range of instruments ﴾as per desk mandate﴿ and limits; put in
• place hedging if appropriate.
• Monitor market news and events and evaluate the risk and opportunities for positions and strategy
• Closely follow‐up the counterparty risk and any potential excess of credit line all market risks and any limit excess.
• Ensure all pre‐trade requirements are conducted. ﴾credit lines check in particular﴿
• Ensure that all transactions are timely and accurately booked in appropriate trade capture systems.
• Ensure that all transactions are timely sent to middle office and/or back office.
• Submitters and Reviewers as well as their respective back‐ups of the contributions are expected to comply strictly with the
• Group policy regarding their professional standards, as well as their duty to support the market integrity ﴾Group Code of
• Conduct principals﴿. They are to comply with all local requirements prescribed by the Authority on such contributions.
• Any attempts to manipulate submissions are subject to the disciplinary procedures, sanctions according the Group policies
• Bonds end of day bonds marking can be used for Iboxx contribution
• Contribute to the daily P&L at the close of the day and facilitate its confirmation by Middle‐Office.
• Prepare a P&L explain each day and escalate any unexplained elements to desk head for sign off.
• Provide management with accurate information to analyze the P&L structure
• Monitor the level of broker fees ensure their relevance vis a vis the current market practice and desk activity
• Work closely with the procurement group and Middle Office to minimize broker and custodian fees
Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
• Previous 1-X Swaps market making experience
• Proven ability to generate positive P&L
• Client focus: Complete commitment to provide professional, intelligent and timely responses to our clients’ needs and to changes in the market
• Good communication skills. Ability to convey thoughts clearly and succinctly and to communicate pertinent complex information in a clear and organized manner
Students who have recently graduated or graduating in 2019/2020 from all areas of disciplines are most welcome to apply. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
• Second upper and above (i.e. GPA 3.3/4)
• Takes initiative and is results driven
• Strong decision making and analytical skills
• Act with integrity
• Ability to manage change and complexity with confidence
• Strong team player
• Client focused and commercial thinking
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Self-motivated and genuine interest in Banking and Finance
• Proficiency in Microsoft office (MS Word, Excel & Power point) * Strong excel (VBA ) knowledge with ability to develop macros and pivot tables to enable automation of management reports and analytics
• Prior related internship within the banking industry is an advantage
Specific Qualifications Required
• Beginner – An experience in global markets/financial markets would be appreciated but not required
• Bachelors or Master’s degree in business, economics or other quantitative major
• Solid quantitative and analytical skills, the ability to think quickly and make sound decisions in high stress situations, as well as a passion for financial markets and a fast-paced environment are must haves.