2020 APAC Graduate Programme - Client Service Desk
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
Our two-year APAC Graduate Programme has been designed to give you the support and development you need to start a successful career in financial services. You can join us in one of several business areas or support functions, and take on real responsibility from day one. Commencing in August you will start off with a comprehensive induction at our regional learning centre, where you’ll be immersed in group training and discover more about the BNP Paribas Group.
Then you’ll start your business specific technical and financial training, alongside personal skills development aimed at equipping you with the knowledge you need to get you the best possible start in your career.
Further training will be delivered throughout your two-year graduate programme, taking you along a tailored development path to build your expertise and broaden your base of skills. You’ll also have the chance to experience other parts of the business through cross-entity projects, which will help you understand how we approach complex work and give you the chance to develop a strong internal network.
- To be responsible for Corporate client service including ebanking L1a support
- To be responsible for Cash account maintenance including opening/modification/closing.
- To be responsible for non-BAU CLM projects including FATCA, AEOI, and etc.
- Cash account maintenance and perform background checking for authorized signatories.
- Corporate Term deposit booking, deposit status monitoring and reporting
- 1ST point of contact from all client inquiries for corporate banking clients and coordinate with proper internal/external stakeholder to resolve issue until it is closed.
- eBanking support (client registration, amendment, background checking for ebanking authorized signatories, inquiry follow up with coordination with reginal ebanking team)
- Connexis Cash user training for overseas tagging client
- Follow up bank balance/transaction inquires requested by client, government offices or internal staff.
- Perform dormant account clean-up process on annual basis and follow up with business and client.
- Follow up new non-BAU CLM projects informed by the region or central team and implement the new procedure or system until it is fully adapted to team members.
- Client complaint handling and reporting
- Client seal & signatories static data control
- Contribute to the positive environment in the department (CSR, Company event etc.)
- Bring added value and critical viewpoint to improve / smoother topics under responsibility
- Anti-Money Laundering / Financial Sanctions (“AML/FS”) related duties: Due Diligence are an integral part of the control framework including for AML/FS topics. In that respect, in performing your role you are expected to ensure adherence to AML/FS-related Group Policies and execution of associated operational controls, and to promptly escalate any resulting hit for analysis and decision.
- KYD Culture: Follow trainings about Data Quality and Data Integrity in order to spread « Know Your Data » culture
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Client focused and commercial thinking
- Self-motivated and genuine interest in Banking and Finance
- Strong team player
- Ability to manage change and complexity with confidence
- Takes initiative and is results driven
- Prudence and sincere communication manner with client and several internal stakeholder.
Students who have recently graduated or graduating in 2019/2020 from all areas of disciplines are most welcome to apply. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
• Second upper and above (ie GPA 3.3/4)
• Takes initiative and is results driven
• Strong decision making and analytical skills
• Act with integrity
• Ability to manage change and complexity with confidence
• Strong team player
• Client focused and commercial thinking
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Self-motivated and genuine interest in Banking and Finance
• Proficiency in Microsoft office (MS Word, Excel & Power point) * Strong excel (VBA ) knowledge with ability to develop macros and pivot tables to enable automation of management reports and analytics
• Prior related internship within the banking industry is an advantage
Experience and Qualifications required
• Proven record of provlem handling/solving
• Basic sense of cash management system knowledge
• Good communication skills in a multicultural setting
• Professional proficiency in English & Korean
• Follow deadlines, organize, and prioritize work