2020 APAC Graduate Programme - Client Management
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
Our two-year APAC Graduate Programme has been designed to give you the support and development you need to start a successful career in financial services. You can join us in one of several business areas or support functions, and take on real responsibility from day one. Commencing in August you will start off with a comprehensive induction at our regional learning centre, where you’ll be immersed in group training and discover more about the BNP Paribas Group.
Then you’ll start your business specific technical and financial training, alongside personal skills development aimed at equipping you with the knowledge you need to get you the best possible start in your career.
Further training will be delivered throughout your two-year graduate programme, taking you along a tailored development path to build your expertise and broaden your base of skills. You’ll also have the chance to experience other parts of the business through cross-entity projects, which will help you understand how we approach complex work and give you the chance to develop a strong internal network.
Throughout the programme, you’ll be mentored by experienced managers and team members who will make sure you’re getting everything you need to grow.
1) KYC Due Diligence for opening of accounts for new clients and recertification of existing clients:
• Ensure proper documentation and verification through/of company search, the bank’s overseas branches, or overseas lawyers, information procured from the public domain or from third parties supporting the due diligence process; and review of constitutional documents to ensure correct documentation for accounts opening/amendment are duly executed in compliance with regulatory and in-house requirements.
• Review and analyse information procured and ensure that the KYC Due Diligence for opening new client accounts and maintenance of existing client accounts is in compliance with the bank’s procedures and regulatory requirements.
• To perform checks in the bank’s systems or any systems as required by the bank to complete the Due Diligence review.
• Ensure that the Due Diligence package for client is completed accurately and in a timely manner in form and substance as required for review by committee/ Compliance/ management.
• To ensure proper procurement, maintenance and updates of KYC Due Diligence documentation in the bank’s systems.
2) Liaise and coordinate with Business for new client on-boarding and review of existing clients for KYC Due Diligence so that on-boarding and recertification of clients are completed in a good timely manner with no overdue.
3) Liaise and coordinate with Compliance to ensure clear understanding and interpretation of the bank’s KYC policies, procedures and processes so as to allow the Due Diligence team to work effectively and efficiently.
4) To participate in systems upgrades, standard operating procedures streamlining/ enhancements/ etc. that may be required.
5) To ensure that reports on KYC Due Diligence information of clients are accurate and updated, e.g. pipelines, etc., and are shared in a timely manner with internal stakeholders and management.
6) Regulatory Reporting- Assist in the monthly reporting to Central Bank ensuring that data are submitted on a timely manner with zero tolerance for error.
1) To assist in projects assigned by Head of Client Management
2) Assist in system enhancements
Students who have recently graduated or graduating in 2019/2020 from all areas of disciplines are most welcome to apply. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
• Second upper and above (ie GPA 3.3/4)
• Takes initiative and is results driven
• Strong decision making and analytical skills
• Act with integrity
• Ability to manage change and complexity with confidence
• Strong team player
• Client focused and commercial thinking
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Self-motivated and genuine interest in Banking and Finance
• Proficiency in Microsoft office (MS Word, Excel & Power point) * Strong excel (VBA ) knowledge with ability to develop macros and pivot tables to enable automation of management reports and analytics
• Prior related internship within the banking industry is an advantage