2020 APAC Graduate Programme - IT - Analyst
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
Our two-year APAC Graduate Programme has been designed to give you the support and development you need to start a successful career in IT if financial services. You can join us in one of several business areas or support functions, and take on real responsibility from day one. Commencing in April you will start off with a comprehensive induction at our regional learning centre, where you’ll be immersed in group training and discover more about the BNP Paribas Group.
Then you’ll start your business specific technical and financial training, alongside personal skills development aimed at equipping you with the knowledge you need to get you the best possible start in your career.
Further training will be delivered throughout your two-year graduate programme, taking you along a tailored development path to build your expertise and broaden your base of skills. You’ll also have the chance to experience other parts of the business through cross-entity projects, which will help you understand how we approach complex work and give you the chance to develop a strong internal network.
Throughout the programme, you’ll be mentored by experienced managers and team members who will make sure you’re getting everything you need to grow.
Learn all aspects of Information Technology Department to identify a role, in which that is a right fit for the person to grow and develop their career, based on their aptitude, competencies, background, and interests.
Responsibilities of the role will change as they go through a several roles within the Department during their 2 year new graduate program
New Grad Program
• Participate in all required courses and activities defined by HR for the New Graduate program
• Learn how systems work and contribute to supporting the applications
• Monitor system health and ensure stability
• Manage incidents, problems and changes accordingly to the APS standards. Follow ITIL Application Support methodology to carry out incident and system change management procedures, ensure effective and timely resolution and communications to the client; coordinate with developer teams to report and follow through bug fixing
• Assist in User Acceptance test; perform deployment or upgrade of mission critical applications and systems.
• Provide system and process documentation. Propose and participate to the constant effort to improve the systems
Application Development and Deployment
• Participate in development and maintenance of Global Markets applications
• Status Tracing and reporting on development progress
• Work with Developers and Project teams in integrating the systems and services with the local and global platform.
• Conduct system Quality Assurance – conduct tests and report on the progress to QA signoffs.
• Maintain latest test documentation. Perform local / regional validation. Arrange User acceptance testing (UAT)
• Provide Level 2 support on production incidents
• Ensure all applications have their IT Continuity related documents and update the documents as needed to capture system changes
• Analysis of market changes to assess impact to our systems
• Requirements gathering from users of systems
• Document systems changes to define technical specifications
• Document test cases and test evidence
• Arrange and support User Acceptance Test
Students who have recently graduated or graduating in 2019/2020 from all areas of disciplines are most welcome to apply. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
• Second upper and above (ie GPA 3.3/4)
• Takes initiative and is results driven
• Strong decision making and analytical skills
• Act with integrity
• Ability to manage change and complexity with confidence
• Strong team player
• Client focused and commercial thinking
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Self-motivated and genuine interest in Banking and Finance
• Proficiency in Microsoft office (MS Word, Excel & Power point) * Strong excel (VBA ) knowledge with ability to develop macros and pivot tables to enable automation of management reports and analytics
• Prior related internship within the banking industry is an advantage
• Fluent in English (mandatory)
• Japanese (preferred but not mandatory)
• Bachelor’s degree or higher
• work experience, including internships, in Information Technology at a financial institution is a plus