2020 APAC Graduate Programme - Analyst, KYC Operations
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
Our two-year APAC Graduate Programme has been designed to give you the support and development you need to start a successful career in financial services. You can join us in one of several business areas or support functions, and take on real responsibility from day one. Commencing in August you will start off with a comprehensive induction at our regional learning centre, where you’ll be immersed in group training and discover more about the BNP Paribas Group.
Then you’ll start your business specific technical and financial training, alongside personal skills development aimed at equipping you with the knowledge you need to get you the best possible start in your career.
Further training will be delivered throughout your two-year graduate programme, taking you along a tailored development path to build your expertise and broaden your base of skills. You’ll also have the chance to experience other parts of the business through cross-entity projects, which will help you understand how we approach complex work and give you the chance to develop a strong internal network.
Throughout the programme, you’ll be mentored by experienced managers and team members who will make sure you’re getting everything you need to grow.
Within BNP Paribas Hong Kong, the KYC Operations team’s is responsible for the KYC due diligence on the clients of the bank for onboarding or recertification.
The team supports the Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) business which encompasses diverse métiers and products.
The team is responsible for 4 main activities:
1. Execute the onboarding and recertification of clients of the bank in adherence to the Global KYC Policy
2. Align with internal stake holders to provide clarity on the KYC file during such process
3. Provide support on dashboarding, change and data quality management
4. Provide regional support on KYC Policy Implementation
The staff will act as an entry point and bridge among Head Office and the 12 other countries in APAC to support the analysis and implementation of changes in the KYC policies and operating guidelines. This role requires strong attention to details, ability to understand operational workflows and constraints from each site and also possess very good communication skills (interaction with Head office as well as 12 countries in APAC). This role provides the candidate with exposure to different functions of the bank (compliance, head office, relationship managers, etc) allow him/her to gain experience on this front.
• Act as an entry point from Head Office to APAC on the consultation needs of changes on the bank’s KYC Policies and Operational Guidelines.
• Performs a gap analysis on any new drafts of policies/operating guidelines against operating procedures used by the Ops staffs in the APAC region.
• Ensures the gaps identified by all sites are carefully analyzed, documented and presented to the management team of the department for review.
• Develop a good understanding of the overall KYC operations process and act as a subject matter expert on the KYC policy front to support the teams in the APAC region.
• Embrace continuous changes and challenges; handle various initiatives and ad-hoc projects as assigned by line management.
• Major clients including Corporate Coverages, Commodity Finance, Investment Banking, Transaction Banking, Financial Institutional Coverages, Global Markets products [e.g. Equities, Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange, Commodities Index Trading (CIT), CIT Metals, CIT Repo, and Commodities Futures Trading].
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Well-developed interpersonal, problem-solving and influencing skills.
• Exhibit high willingness to collaborate with all levels of the organization.
• Solution driven.
Students who have recently graduated or graduating in 2019/2020 from all areas of disciplines are most welcome to apply. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
• Second upper and above (ie GPA 3.3/4)
• Takes initiative and is results driven
• Strong decision making and analytical skills
• Act with integrity
• Ability to manage change and complexity with confidence
• Strong team player
• Client focused and commercial thinking
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Self-motivated and genuine interest in Banking and Finance
• Proficiency in Microsoft office (MS Word, Excel & Power point) * Strong excel (VBA ) knowledge with ability to develop macros and pivot tables to enable automation of management reports and analytics
• Prior related internship within the banking industry is an advantage
Specific Qualifications (if required)
• University graduate.
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Strong attention to detail with ability to produce accurate and quality work under tight deadlines.
• Good understanding of Corporate & Institutional Banking and Global Markets framework under International Financial Groups.
• Good understanding of Due Diligence and local Anti-Money Laundering requirements.
• Working knowledge in relation to Corporate Banking products [e.g. Cash/Deposit, Loan Syndication/Agency, Trade Finance, ECM/DCM, etc] and/or Global Markets products [e.g. Equities, Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange, Commodities Index Trading (CIT), CIT Metals, CIT Repo, and Commodities Futures Trading].
• Fluent in English (spoken and written).
Candidates with strong potential but less than 2 years relevant work experience can be considered.