About the job
The position of Finance Analyst is available within PIMH (Portugal International Markets Hub) based in Lisbon and will contribute to the Wealth Management business line with Closing, Budget and Reporting processes.
Your Main Activities Are
- Prepare the monthly financial closing and ensure that the reporting and data quality requirements are fulfilled
- Be responsible for analysis and perform the necessary controls
- Consolidate financial information and deliver to the respective stakeholders
- Support in the preparation of quarterly forecasts, annual budgets and strategic plans
- Maintain an effective communication and provide support to local Sites and Head Office
- Participate to the internal control plan set up
- Perform ad hoc analysis to provide relevant information for the decision making process
- Contribute to different projects within the accounting area
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the Team processes
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in audit, or 4 years in a similar role
- Strong knowledge of accounting standards
- Fluent in English (mandatory) and French will be a plus
- Experienced in MS Excel (mandatory) and remaining office tools
- Tableau’s experience is a plus
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and efficient communication skills
- Initiative and proactivity
- Able to work in an evolving environment
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
About the Team (not mandatory for all positions – delete this title if you will not use it)
- Wealth Management Finance Department is organized around two poles: Reporting, Control, Projects & Systems (RCPS) and Performance Management (PM) and two locations, Paris and Lisbon, with the same organization and acting as one single team.
- With a hierarchical Manager in Lisbon, the Finance Analyst will also have strong functional relation with the Head of WM Finance Reporting, Control, Projects and System based in Paris.
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 72 countries, with around 200 000 Employees – including more than 150 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 6.500 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services for retail banking and specialised financial services, and Corporate & Institutional Banking for corporate and institutional clients.
In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.