At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Within an assigned geographic area, responsible for ensuring the attainment of the Wealth Management Group (WMG) market growth, productivity and profitability goals through the development of an effective market strategy, integrated team structure and measurable personal goals. Responsible for overall planning and performance in all of the following functions within assigned market: business development, customer retention, customer experience, credit processes, service quality, community involvement and human resource management. Leads, directs, manages, supports, supervises and guides licensed selling professionals with the onboarding, development, and retention of all client relationships to include the identification and evaluation of loans and deposits business opportunities, trust/fiduciary, and investment management opportunities. Through matrix reporting is also responsible to lead portfolio managers, fiduciary specialists, wealth strategists, CSO's, private mortgage bankers and wealth senior lenders in all sales, client acquisition and retention efforts. Ensures the existence of proactive relationship plans and sales management practices that maximize the profitable and client development potential of the assigned area. Focuses on policy and strategy implementation and operational plans for short-term and long-term results. Responsible for partnering with other lines of business such as GIFS, Mortgage, Investments to deepen customer relationships.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- In support of the overall WMG strategic direction develops, recommends, and executes a detailed business plan with goals and objectives for assigned geographic area.
- Provides leadership by closely aligning with CBD regions and provides a direct relationship with regional and branch leaders from the CBD to help ensure successful implementation and communication of WMG strategies and products.
- Implements procedures to ensure the continuous business practice of maintaining an active program of calling on clients and prospects to achieve new business and client retention objectives.
- Oversees the appointment of licensed selling professional to new and existing clients.
- Builds and maintains internal partnerships with CBD, SME (BBOs, BBC, SBA), CBG, and all SME’s within Wealth Mgmt, i.e., Global Investment Mgmt and Fiduciary Services, Ultra High Net Worth, Philanthropy Consulting and others to grow BOW Client and investments/deposits.
- Represents BOTW Wealth Management as primary WMG contact for all external entities. Represents WMG to local media and participates in community and business functions/groups to ensure a positive image for the bank within designated geographic area.
- Establishes, communicates and achieves service goals and standards, ensuring communication and comprehension by all staff within designated geographic area.
- Prepares periodic reports as needed, implements strategic direction and ensures region is both poised for and achieves success.
- Coaches, evaluates and develops all licensed selling professionals; coaches in areas of relationship management, sales, client service, professional development and Wealth Management fundamental skills, products and services.
- Responsible for the recruitment, development, coaching, counseling, discipline, writing and administering performance reviews in a timely manner and retention of assigned team members.
- Responsible for the supervision, compliance, and risk associated with managing FINRA team members who are directly involved in offering and selling brokerage solutions to new and existing clients.
- Manages a team of relationship managers, subject matter experts, and support staff along with matrix management of other wealth teammates in local market.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree Business Administration, Finance, related field
Licenses & Certifications
- M3 - 10 yrs Requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one area. Typically has advanced knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with understanding of the impact of work on other areas of the organization.
Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience of specialized wealth management, such as in the fields of private client advisory, trust administration, investment management and wealth planning.
- FINRA Licenses: Series 7, 63, or (65 & 66), 24, 51 or 53. State Insurance License for each state in which business is conducted
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Recommended minimum 2-5 years of brokerage experience
- Advanced knowledge of all consumer and business services and products for high net worth individuals and related businesses.
- Thorough understanding of financial planning concepts, including trust/estate planning, tax planning, investments, insurance and custom credit.
- Requires knowledge of FINRA and SEC rules and regulations.
- Expertise managing budgets and financial reporting.
- Demonstrated analytical and research skills.
- Bank product and service knowledge.
- Demonstrated negotiation, planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to use PC and various systems, including knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
- Excellent communication skills to include presentation, verbal and written with solid time and project management ability.
- Must have a collaborative spirit and strong relationships with fellow team members.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-Palo AltoJob Type: Full-timeJob: Advisory Services