At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Recognized both within and outside the organization as thought leader in area of expertise. Within their assigned region, responsible for ensuring the attainment of Key Client Group Americas (KCG) growth, productivity and profitability goals by utilizing an effective and consistent approach, regionally and through measurable personable goals. The WMG Principal Relationship Manager (KCG Strategist) will lead, manage, support and guide the KCG Market Representatives and core team members in the identification of all opportunities with prospects and clients, in addition to supporting the marketing, sales, onboarding, development and retention of all client relationships (>$25 mm investable assets). As a Strategic Advisor they must be generalists and/or experts across all Wealth Management disciplines and must be comfortable providing solutions to families that address all of their financial and personal issues and needs. This position is responsible for the Bank's highest value and most influential Wealth Management Clients known as Ultra High Net Worth (UHNW).
Essential Job Functions
- Supports the overall WMG and KCG strategic direction. Develops, recommends and executes a detailed business plan with goals and objectives for each region.
- Provides WMG and KCGmarket leadership by closely aligning with all BOTW Business Partners, RBG, CBG and BNPP Wealth Management Partners including/especially the Key Client Group, to help ensure the successful implementation and communication of all KCG strategies and products.
- Implements procedures to ensure the continuous and consistent use of best in class business practices and protocols defined by KCG that ensures an ongoing program of calling on clients and prospects to achieve new business and client retention objectives.
- Represents BOTW Wealth Management / KCG as primary contact for all external entities, COI’s, intermediaries (e.g. referral sources), national industry groups and participates in community business groups to ensure a positive image for the bank in the designated region is maintained.
- Responsible for business development (e.g. producer) and acts as the main point of contact for UHNW clients for Wealth Management /KCG within the core market represented.
- Demonstrates exceptional knowledge in all Wealth Management disciplines and business development skills by acquiring profitable client relationships personally and in support across the region.
- Responsible for being a Strategic Advisor to KCG families and for identifying client needs and ensuring they are met by the comprehensive platform/offering and expertise resident within KCG, always coordinating and working with a client and their other advisors.
- Expands client engagement/relationships by bringing in and utilizing internal subject matter experts.
Other Job Duties
- Focuses on ensuring all client intellectual, emotional and financial expectations are exceeded through the consistent delivery of high quality strategic advice and solutions.
- Ensures documentation is up to date and complete.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires highest knowledge and mastery of multiple job areas typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Viewed as the leading expert and/or resource within the field by peers within and outside the organization.
- Requires 12 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Business Administration, Finance, a related field
Licenses & Certifications
- Series License-7 Active FINRA License Upon Hire
- Series License-63 Active FINRA License 63 & 65 (or 66 in place of 63 & 65) Upon Hire
- Series License-65 Active FINRA License Upon Hire
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of financial products and services for the Ultra High Net Worth client market.
- Demonstrated knowledge of consumer lending, credit, documentation and portfolio management.
- Ability to use various software and systems (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and others.
- Outstanding presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Prospect client and public speaking may be required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven track record of developing business internally with Bank team, from expanding relationships with existing clients and external centers of influence.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.