The Trade & Treasury Solutions division provides solutions to improve and optimize the working capital of financial institutions and corporate clients worldwide. This division encompasses five different businesses operating as a strategic unit to address core client needs:
• Global Trade Solutions is to provide clients with services and tailored solutions to mitigate risk in trade transactions, propose financing and optimize working capital management. The two main product groups are Traditional Trade and Working Capital optimization.
• Corporate Treasury, Liquidity & Investment Advisory (CTLIA) provides Investment, Cash Management & Channel solutions for the Americas; offering advice to our clients to optimize their Liquidity structures while adequately funding BNP Paribas’ balance sheet.
• International Cash Management provides solutions that enable our clients to manage and optimize their cash flows and liquidity worldwide by leveraging the BNP Paribas global network.
• Transaction Solutions for Banks supports the BNP Paribas global network and provides third-party financial institutions worldwide with comprehensive services to meet their domestic clients’ international payment and trade needs.
• Energy and Asset Based Structured Debt (EABSD) provides working capital financing in the form of structured debt. The division encompasses two business units, Energy Structured Debt which tailors its solutions to corporates active in commodity marketing and Asset Based Lending, which services a broader range of industry segments.
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates will be measured on the following four performance drivers which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
• Results and Impact
• Leadership and Collaboration
• Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus
• Compliance Culture and Conduct
- Act as a single point of contact and subject matter expert on all liquidity matters related for large corporate clients.
- Fully understand large corporate clients’ liquidity needs and current structures to devise optimal liquidity solutions in a consultative and product agnostic manner.
- Be instrumental in the bank’s funding efforts by identifying opportunities to source corporate cash for BNPP’s balance sheet.
- Partner with multiple Relationship Managers aligned by specific industries to understand client liquidity needs and provide solutions to meet said needs. Partnering with Relationship Managers and engaging in client dialogue often requires travel, which the Liquidity Advisor can be expected to do roughly 40% of the time.
- Provide expert insight and design to enhance the banks cash management liquidity set with a focus on global USD solutions through client consultation and partnership with liquidity advisory and International Cash Management teams
- Act as subject matter expert on full liquidity product suite and key liaison with Cash Management Competency Centre (CMCC), Product Management to enhance and build out the operational characteristics of the banks’ NY book
- Increase BNPP’s brand awareness within the Transaction Banking and Liquidity space by providing thought leadership to the industry via publications and speaking engagements. Individual should be viewed within the industry as a subject matter expert on liquidity and regulatory change and as a trusted advisor to clients.
- Provide feedback and guidance to the Pricing & Strategy team within Liquidity & Investment Advisory Americas on competitive landscape, products ideas, etc. to ensure that the overall Liquidity practice remains on the forefront of new product generation.
- Sophisticated interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly and efficiently organized
- Confident to make decisions and lead initiatives as necessary
- 5+ years industry experience
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent
- Strong understanding of various cash pooling structures
- International Cash Management knowledge and strategic solution design
- Understanding of the regulatory environment e.g. Basel III, mutual fund reform
- Advanced desktop skills
- MBA or similar advanced degree
FINRA Licenses Required:
- May be required in the future
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.