The CCG business is responsible for the origination and on-going relationship management of the bank’s corporate client portfolio across multiple industry sectors and client segments. Working closely with the Capital Markets Group (CMG), the CCG team is a solutions focussed business aimed at delivering financing and risk management solutions across a number of product lines.
The range of products includes advisory services, corporate lending, project and hybrid debt, debt capital and high yield bonds, structured commodity and global market products (including commodity derivatives) and trade finance.
Purpose of the role:
The primary objective of this role is to grow the portfolio of clients and develop the profile of BNP Paribas in Australia and capitalise on the banks strong profile within the Australia Natural Resources and Energy market.
Role liaises with:
- Regional (Asia-Pacific) & Global Capital Markets Group
- Regional (Asia-Pacific) & Global product lines
- Australian network
- Credit Department
- Global Markets
- Trade and Transactional Banking
KYC, compliance and on-boarding teams
- CSR teams
- EIS teams
- Syndication, FI, DCM as appropriate
- Other Business Lines
- BNPP clients & prospects in Western Australia
- Other market participants
- Various consultants
- Legal counsel
- Due diligence providers
- Contribute to building and refining the Western Australian business franchise.
- Participate in BNP Paribas Australasia Group strategic planning
- Originate and assist in the execution of a wide range of debt, hybrid, project and structured financing transactions in Australia, Africa and Asia Pacific which are both profitable and credit worthy
- Manage structuring, negotiation and preparation of credit papers and assist in the preparation of legal documentation and on-boarding requirement.
- On-going client relationship management;
- On-going portfolio management;
- Leverage the banks global reach with respect to loan origination and distribution, derivatives, DCM, Export Credit and Multi Lateral Agencies
- Identification, initiation and maintenance of relationships with a range of executives at clients and in the Natural Resources and Energy and professional services market.
- Provide expert technical advice and guidance to clients & colleagues on debt & derivative products and deal structuring.
- Oversee credit proposals. Liaise / interface with internal credit / risk teams
- Liaise with Senior Bankers in Perth, Sydney and Heads of Product teams in Australia, Hong Kong and Singapore.
- Manage / work with external consultants (legal, technical, accounting and tax etc).
- Oversee financial modelling and company/project research.
Qualification / experience
- Minimum 8-10 years of successfully leading and executing debt financing mandates
- Depth in knowledge of in Mining and Metals and Western Australian market;
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Complex structuring and negotiation skills (including legal terms negotiation
- Strategic perspective
- Exceptional origination skills
- Exceptional relationship management skills
- Solid knowledge of the Natural Resources and Energy markets in Australia
- Strategic decision making
- Client focus & responsiveness
- Collaborative approach
- Impact & influence
- Managing others
- Risk awareness