VIE CIB Shipping & Offshore Analyst - Oslo, M/F
Your daily routine ?
You will be integrated into the Shipping & Offshore financing team of BNP Paribas CIB Norway.
Your missions will be:
- Discovery of the Shipping and Offshore activity (financing of boats and offshore structures), both locally in the Nordic region but also globally ;
- Management of the application of the bank credit policy on structured financing transactions (credit risk analysis of new and existing transactions): internal credit rating, internal return analysis, preparation of notes for credit committees, reviews of existing transactions, KYC (Know your Client) process, etc ;
- Analysis of new trading opportunities: financial, risk, cash flow and market analysis…;
- Assistance of relationship managers in all stages of transactions: pitches, structuring, cash flow modeling, credit proposals, marketing support (including info-memos and presentations to investors), closing process, etc ;
- Liaising with the different departments within the bank involved in new and existing transaction s;
- Assisting the middle-office in the management of the portfolio of existing files and new clients: compliance of engagement, waivers requests ;
- Contributing to the maintenance of budget and reporting systems ;
- Participating in the update of market studies of the shipping & offshore sectors by compiling and analyzing the different information of these markets.
The working environment is important !
The Shipping & Offshore team consist of 6 employees (the Head of Shipping and Offshore, 2 relationships managers and 3 credit analysts).
BNP Paribas CIB Oslo consists of 70 employees and shares premises with other BNP Paribas entities. Our offices are located in the city center with easy access by public transportation.
The next steps ?
You will gain work experience in a multicultural environment, within a key banking function, which brings a unique vision of all of the group's activities around the world. During this VIE, you will see the opportunity to:
• understand how transactions are structured,
• interact with other banking professions and get a good overview of the different products it offers,
• adapt to a dynamic and international working environment.
Why join BNP Paribas ?
Our world is changing! Today, what counts in a job is to live real experiences, to learn, to share objectives and results with colleagues. In short, to chart your own path, different, responsible and sustainable. At BNP Paribas, we recruit our employees with the idea that they are looking for the world and the bank of tomorrow.
Do you want to know all the reasons to join us ? Go to Job offers in International Volunteer Program - BNP Paribas (group.bnpparibas)
What about remuneration ?
It is set by Business France and can be viewed directly on their site.
Are you our next VIE ?
You have a master degree majoring in finance.
You have gained first experience (internships and work-study program included) in corporate banking or another structured finance business line, preferably within a financing institution.
You speak fluent English.
MS Excel no longer holds any secrets for you.
This position requires good communication and strong organizational skills. You demonstrate rigor and effective team work skills. Also, your adaptability will be an asset to progress on this mission.
In a changing world, diversity, equity and inclusion are core values necessary for well-being and team performance. At BNP Paribas, we intend in welcoming and retaining all talents without distinction : this is how we shall all be building the finance of tomorrow, innovative, responsible and sustainable.
Finally, we attach particular importance to ensuring that our future employees act on a daily basis with ethical and professional responsibility.
During the recruitment process, information contained in your CV, your personal identifying information and background can be checked at all times.
As soon as possible for a period of 16 to 24 months.
Please, only send your resume and cover letter in English, and check that you fulfil the conditions for undertaking a V.I.E. https://mon-vie-via.businessfrance.fr/en/destinations/norway