The Digital Compliance team is part of the Ethics and Compliance Department and serves as the subject matter experts for digital innovation and transformation initiatives. The team provides compliance advisory services to U.S. Technology teams, front office business teams engaged in innovation initiatives, and to CIB stakeholders on transversal topics, as outlined below.
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates will be measured on the following four performance drivers which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Leadership and Collaboration
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus
- Compliance Culture and Conduct
The Digital Compliance Advisor provides guidance to the Technology and Information Security teams, as well as others within CIB on topics including Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Digital Assets, Collaborative Platforms, E-Communications, Voice Recording, Record Retention and Privacy, among other topics as relevant and appropriate.
The primary focus of this role is to:
- Monitor and provide guidance on emerging risks in the digital space and communicate such risks and trends to senior management stakeholders both within Compliance as well as the Front Office;
- Support the Banking and Capital Markets businesses by monitoring for applicable regulatory updates, drafting and socializing guidance in the digital asset space;
- Provide Compliance Advisory coverage to internal partners across CIB in support of digital asset and IT transformation initiatives;
- Review and draft regional compliance comments for digital initiatives, including proofs of concept, IT architecture reviews, bots, digital frameworks, and collaborative platforms;
- Closely collaborate with AMERS Compliance colleagues and global stakeholders for consistent approach where possible;
- Monitor compliance issues and escalate to Business and Compliance management as necessary;
- Assist with developing and implementing compliance policies, and advise coverage areas on maintaining appropriate registrations and WSPs in accordance with applicable rules and regulations;
- Assist the Compliance and Supervisory Relations teams in providing information for regulatory examinations and inquiries;
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders in providing compliance advice on matters relating to 1st level controls, reporting and monitoring;
- Help to interpret, communicate and implement policy and procedure updates as a result of new rules and rule changes affecting the coverage areas;
- Represent Compliance in relevant internal committees and other forums, as well as engage with industry groups to stay current on industry developments and regulatory proposals.
Minimum Required Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Successful candidates will have 5-7 years of experience with a financial services firm and/or self-regulatory organization in a compliance or compliance-related position;
- Experience working with Technology or similar functions highly preferred, including solid understanding of and experience supporting digital asset initiatives, advising on cryptocurrency and/or blockchain technology;
- Experience advising on data governance, cloud computing, and AI highly preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree required; Legal degree preferred
- Possess a working knowledge of the Securities Exchange Act of 1933 and 1934, FINRA, NYSE, listed option exchange rules, Commodity Exchange Act or future exchange rules;
- Proficient in identifying, analyzing and escalating potential regulatory issues and emerging risks;
- Self-motivated, willingness to learn and a desire to work in a challenging work environment where advise and decisions will be challenged by various levels of management;
- Strong organizational skills and capable of successfully managing multiple deliverables simultaneously;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective writing, analytical and communication skills;
FINRA Registrations Required:
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status