Vice President Structuring & Execution Group (Primary Focus Leveraged Finance) - Global Banking, Capital Markets, Debt Markets EMEA – m/f/x –– Enabler
Willing to push the boundaries with us for a more sustainable world?
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 196,000 employees, including around 149,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets, International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors.
BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking is a globally recognised leader offering capital markets, securities services, financing, treasury and advisory solutions.
Global Banking focuses on 3 main business areas: Corporate Clients Group, the gateway of BNP Paribas’ integrated offer, which manages all the interactions between the Bank and its corporate clients; Capital Markets, operates across debt and equity; and Transaction Banking, which deals with Cash management, Transactional FX, Deposits, Trade financing and Supply Chain Solutions.
Debt Markets EMEA’s mission is to serve the bank’s corporate and private equity clients, by originating (jointly with Coverage), structuring and executing all debt transactions (corporate facilities and event-driven transactions).
The debt product continuum is fostered by Debt Markets EMEA’s organisation, ensuring that a product neutral approach is delivered to BNP Paribas’ corporate and private equity clients, and reinforcing BNP Paribas’ position as a leading debt solution provider in Europe, whilst providing holistic capital structure advice with teams across Capital Markets.
Debt Markets EMEA has representatives in several countries including the UK, France, Benelux, Italy, Germany, Spain and Portugal among others and is structured around:
- Leveraged Finance
- Leveraged Finance Capital Markets (“LFCM”)
- Leveraged and Infrastructure Telecom & Media Financing
- Investment Grade Finance
- Debt Capital Markets (“DCM”)
- Loan Capital Markets (“LCM”), which also includes debt originators for the banks’ Domestic Markets (France, Belgium, Italy)
- Transversal Teams
- Structuring & Execution Group (“SEG”)
- Credit & ESG Ratings Advisory
- Credit & Portfolio Management (“CPM”)
Together, these teams are responsible for the origination, structuring, underwriting and execution of:
- LBO and Corporate Leveraged financings (including both Institutional TLB and HYB)
- Integrated financing solutions to midcap and sub-investment grade corporate clients
- Acquisition financing and refinancing for large corporates
- Investment grade bonds
The Structuring and Execution Group is a central component of Debt Markets supporting senior originators across a wide range of debt products on a pan-European basis.
Your future job
- Purpose: Join the Structuring and Execution Group team with a primary focus on Leveraged Finance, within Debt Markets, Capital Markets, Global Banking:
- Support the Leveraged Finance Managing Directors and Directors in the origination, structuring and execution of transactions
- Scope: Primary focus on Leveraged Finance Brussels based team activities covering clients in the Benelux and the Nordic Region as well as other geographies as required
- Lead pitch processes from start to finish
- Participate in and where appropriate, lead client meetings either jointly or on a sole basis;
- Interact well with internal and external clients in both marketing and execution;
- Build and maintain internal and external networks;
- Maintain high degree of market awareness and identify new business opportunities
- Have a solid understanding of the transaction process from end-to-end;
- Be able to lead a transaction deal team and give support and guidance to junior members of the Structuring and Execution Group;
- Have a sound understanding of the internal mechanisms of the organisation;
- Ensure efficient execution of the business and transactions;
- Interact directly with clients and with other advisors (lawyers, co-advisors, etc.) at an appropriate level;
- Challenge senior officers on both commercial and technical aspects of origination opportunities
- Assisting the management and development of more junior team members
- Exchange of information with managers and with other Structuring and Execution Group teams across Europe
- Ensure quality and timely preparation of all materials required for origination and deal preparation across Debt Markets
- Adherence to the Bank’s corporate policies, compliance regulations and external regulation
Highlight your strengths
Educational- / experience requirement
• University/MBA education level with finance or economics as major
• Strong oral and written skills in English are a must, good oral and written skills in Dutch or French are also beneficial
Essential IT knowledge
• Excel, PowerPoint, Word
Essential knowledge, skills and abilities
• Experience leading transactions in the relevant field (e.g. Term Loan B, High Yield, DCM, bank loans)
• Show outstanding technical competencies (including strong drafting skills for all kinds of documents)
• Adept at receiving and synthesizing information
• Prove an advanced understanding of all types of risks involved
The most important soft skills
• Strong team player, mindful of senior hierarchy dynamics
• Demonstrate a willingness to solve problems and improve processes
• Proven ability to manage junior resources (anticipates, coordinates, delegates, organises, motivates and provides feedback)
Your future workplace
In a changing world, diversity and inclusion are core values for team well-being and performance. At BNP Paribas Fortis, we want to welcome and retain all talents, regardless of gender, age, origin or sexual orientation, and irrespective of whether or not they are living with a disability, as each of them have their own experience and identity. Together, let's build the bank of tomorrow: innovative, responsible and sustainable. All of our full-time vacancies are also open to candidates wishing to work 80% or 90%.
By choosing us, you get
- Excellent opportunities to develop, personally and professionally, and spread your wings.
- A permanent contract and an attractive pay package.
- A position in a responsible, socially engaged organisation where diversity and inclusion are the standard.
Choose BNP Paribas Fortis now and apply here.
We will make our first selections on the basis of your CV and letter of motivation. Are you the candidate we’re looking for? Then you’re sure to hear from us. Good luck!