BNP Paribas Group
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 75 countries, with more than 189,000 employees, including more than 146,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corpoirates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking
Fully integrated in the BNP Paribas Group, BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading provider of solutions to two client franchises: corporates and institutionals, and operates across EMEA (Europe Middle East Africa), APAC (Asia Pacific) and the Americas. The bank is a global leader in Debt Capital Markets and Derivatives. It is a top European house in Equity Capital Markets and it has leading franchises in Specialized Financing. In Securities Services, it is a top five House worldwide. BNP Paribas CIB strives to service the global economy by providing solutions to its clients in financing (ECM, DCM, specialized financing), flow banking (trade finance and cash management), financial advisory (M&A, project finance), global markets (interest rates, credit, foreign exchange, equity derivatives), risk management, and securities services.
BNP Paribas Securities Services, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the BNP Paribas Group, is a leading global custodian and securities services provider backed by the strength of an integrated bank. It provides multi asset post trade and asset servicing solutions for institutional participants in the investment cycle, from the buy-side and sell-side to corporates and issuers. Covering over 100 markets, offices in 34 countries and over 8,800 employees, the BNP Paribas network is one of the most extensive in the industry. We bring together local insight and a global network to enable clients to maximize their market and investment opportunities worldwide.
The Senior Technology Project Manager is responsible for the project management and delivery of the program of work which will drive the newly acquired US Middle and Back Office systems platform. This strategic platform will drive BNP Paribas Securities Services’ new business model, providing financial services to the 40 Act client community.
Among the areas of focus:
- Operational Excellence – Deliver functionality that will reduce operation risk
- Platform Transformation - Increase services that will transform scalabiity to support future business strategic growth
- Separation & Rehosting – Leverage global best of breed applications while sharing local business stories and technology platform updates
The Senior Technology Project Manager will be responsible for all aspects of project management including project planning, scheduling, risk management, scope management, internal and external communications, status reporting, and resource management, and budgeting.
The selected candidate will drive delivery with little or no supervision. They will ensure milestones are agreed with all stakeholders and manage the program of work to the agreed schedule and budget ($ and person hours)
The selected candidate will motivate project contributors to deliver and use applicable escalation methods to ensure the projects move forward as expected.
The Senior Technology Project Manager will decide the most effective methodology (Agile, Waterfall, etc) for each project they manage.
They will be able to communicate effectively with both local and global stakeholders at all levels of experience. They will partner with leaders of the Middle Office and Back Office functions related to the program of work.
The candidate will ensure the systems platform program of work is in sync with the global programs that are dependent on those outcomes
- Establishes disciplined project management and measurement approaches and ensures the highest quality delivery of services while optimizing performance with each project/delivery
- Assemble project plans and team work assignments, direct and monitor work efforts on a daily basis, identify resource needs, perform quality review; and escalate functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of projects and staff; communicate with project teams as necessary to ensure project deliverables are on schedule and within estimated parameters
- Proactively communicate project status, issues and risks to clients and management
- Establish clear ownership for project tasks, ensure that team members have the tools needed and provide timely feedback
- Make recommendations to management about schedules, risks, prioritization and resource allocation with input from team members
- Coordinate communication with all areas that impact the scope, budget, risk, and resources (people/money) of the work effort being managed.
- Manage several projects and/or programs of medium to high complexity.
- Anticipate implementation obstacles.
- Select tools and methodologies for projects.
- Commit to deliverables with customers and/or management.
- Manage resource planning and organizational capacity planning
- Identify, communicate and help mitigate hurdles and risks to every project stage and deliverables
Minimum Required Qualifications
Experience project managing SimCorp Dimension related projects
Experience in project managing activities related to Middle and Back Office functions (Fund Accounting, Portfolio Accounting, Custodial Reconciliation, Investment Performance Measurement, etc)
Strong understanding of the project lifecycle
Experience working in a global environment with the proven ability to influence within a global team as a key representative for the region
The ability to successfully communicate with C-level stakeholders (local, regional, global) in an environment with high expectations where priorities and projects are constantly dynamic
Ability to travel when required (regional/global)
- Proficient experience managing projects related to Investment Accounting applications and expertise in at least one (i.e. SimCorp Dimension (PREFERRED), Advent AXYS/APX/Geneva, PFS PAM, Eagle PACE/STARR, etc.).
- Working knowledge of computing architectures, data and telecommunications hardware and protocols, network hardware and protocols, middleware and transaction monitors, database management systems, database administration, and object and/or data modeling.
FINRA Registrations Required:
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.