Under the CIB Transversal Americas COO Office, DRIVE Project Implementation Americas is building its core expertise in managing transversal and transformation projects across all Global Markets & Global Banking Business Lines. We are looking to on-board project managers with strong functional & business knowledge, as well as, regulatory and compliance expertise. Some familiarity with the BNPP culture and operational set up is also considered a major plus.
*Physical presence in BNPP’s office(s) is an essential function of this position. BNPP requires all of our employees to be vaccinated in order to access its offices, subject to reasonable accommodations for reasons related to disability or religion.
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates will be measured on the following four performance drivers which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Leadership and Collaboration
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus
- Compliance Culture and Conduct
Manage mid-to-large scale projects by carrying out the following:
- Manage and lead assigned projects to completion with delivery of agreed objectives
- Ensure that all projects follow Group Policies and Procedure – including proper Project Governance and reporting to senior management & stakeholders
- Create and lead appropriate project governance
- Identify and stabilize the scope of business topics to be addressed / resolved
- Identify and obtain the buy-in from the Primary Project Stakeholders and Sponsor
- Leverage expertise and problem solving skills to propose solutions during each phase of the project
- Drive the delivery effort by maintaining project lists, organizing follow up meetings, creating and distributing meeting minutes
- Ensure clear communication of goals, budget, risks, efforts involved, as well as on the progress of the project
- Work closely with all functions - Front office, Operations, Finance, IT, Compliance, Legal, Risk etc. to ensure successful delivery of project objectives.
- Manage situations of conflict and constraints to ensure the success of the project.
Contribute to the building of maximum efficiency within the Firm:
- Analyze the current procedures and make change proposals to improve productivity, efficiency and risk control
- Work closely with the Operations and IT managers to properly measure the impact of new systems/processes on the staff's workload and determine the new staffing requirements where applicable.
Contribute to the successful implementation of new systems:
- Work with various users to clearly identify business requirements – from Front Office to Finance.
- Collaborate with IT to ensure that the system functionalities meet the user requirements.
- Propose procedural changes to take advantage of the new system functionalities.
- Facilitate the planning between IT and users to ensure all phases of the project are on track and that the appropriate level of testing is carried out.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university with focus on Finance, Economics, Business Administration or other relevant field of study.
- 6 – 8 years of relevant industry experience.
- Expertise in Trading and Operations (functional or in a project capacity), with knowledge of Global Markets activities, Compliance and Regulatory reporting framework as well as post trade activities (processing flows, clearing / settlement processes, etc..)
- Proficiency with trade flows (front to back) is critical.
- A keen focus on ‘Process and Risk’ awareness is a KEY CRITERIA for this position.
- Deep knowledge of & experience executing all project management concepts.
- Project planning, documentation experience, & stakeholder management is essential
- Excellent level of knowledge of MS Project, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Business Analyst experience is valuable
- The candidate:
- Will have an in-depth understanding of project life cycle and what each phase implies.
- Will have excellent communication skills – Both written and oral.
- Will be able to professionally and efficiently manage situations of conflict and work with collaborators to arrive at a solution.
- Needs to demonstrate the ability to adapt and learn new processes quickly.
- Needs to show ability to multi-task and shift gears for various topics and perimeter during the project life cycle (i.e. Knowledge of FO Products and processes, Operations, IT, Finance etc.).
- Will be able to demonstrate the ability to delve into complicated situations (issues, people, processes etc.), sort out the information and propose the solution/next steps.
FINRA Registrations Required:
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required): N/A
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person: N/A
About BNP Paribas:
In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business.
BNP Paribas’ Corporate & Institutional Banking services corporate clients and institutional investors offering tailored solutions in financing, cash management, and advisory services to companies via Corporate Banking, in capital markets via Global Markets, and in securities custody and administration via Securities Services. As the asset management arm of BNP Paribas, BNP Paribas Asset Management offers high value-added solutions to individual savers, companies, and institutional investors.
The bank employs nearly 14,000 people and has a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver and Washington, DC.
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 68 countries, with more than 193,000 employees. The Bank offers a comprehensive range of banking, investment and financial services solutions through three main fields of activity: Retail Banking for the Bank’s retail-banking networks and several specialized businesses including BNP Paribas Personal Finance and Arval; Investment & Protection Services for savings, investment and protection solutions; and Corporate & Institutional Banking, focused on corporate and institutional clients. Based on its strong diversified and integrated model, BNP Paribas helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World.
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.