Global Prime Services technology is seeking a Senior Technology Engineer to assist in developing and maintaining applications supporting Prime & Finance platform. This is a specialized, cross-asset platform, providing full service offering including Cash PB, Synthetics, Financing, and Margin. The long-term focus of the platform is on supporting activity growth targets set by the management, responding to the fast-pace of client demand for new products and services, and compliance with new regulatory obligations. There are several strategic technology initiatives on the way to accelerate DevOps, Virtualization, and Cloud transformation, as well as adaptation of machine learning and artificial intelligence to deliver client offering.
*Physical presence in BNPP’s office(s) is an essential function of this position. BNPP requires all of our employees to be vaccinated in order to access its offices, subject to reasonable accommodations for reasons related to disability or religion.
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates to be measured on the following four performance drivers, which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Impacts division and influences peers and team
- Demonstrates good judgement when making decisions of high complexity and impact
- Relies on limited guidance for most complex decision making
- Is responsible for driving outcomes which have meaningful effect on team or department
- Leadership and Collaboration
- Creates trust with department leaders
- Acts in leadership capacity for large projects, processes, or programs for a team
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus
- Able to build relationships with a mix of intermediate and senior colleagues or clients
- Interacts regularly with management and department leaders
- Demonstrates the ability to persuade and influence stakeholders at the team level
- Compliance Culture and Conduct
- Takes full responsibility for personal actions and demonstrates courage in facing problems and conflicts
- Perceived as a person of high moral character; upholds corporate values and displays high ethical standards”
- Work in an agile and fast-paced environment interfacing with management, business and senior technology members to understand the requirement, provide business process automation ideas and solutions relevant to the project
- Design and develop scalable and flexible applications, document technical specifications and functional flows
- Enforce technical architecture standards
- Explain the functional/system requirements to the offshore development team
- Hands-on with various software development including design, coding, UAT and deployment.
- Escalate blocking issues to the appropriate level of management.
- Perform Level 3 support on rotation, investigating any issues, determining root causes and obtaining resolution.
Follow the SDLC process, including end-to-end development cycle from requirements analysis, coding, testing, maintenance and support production releases
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelors in Comp Science with 12+ year experience in software development or Masters in Comp Science with 10+ year experience
- 5 year experience as a senior developer
- Experience in design and building high performance, high availability, scalable, distributed applications capable of supporting straight through processing of large amount of data
- Experience with web services development using SpringBoot / REST APIs
- Experience in the following technologies is required: J2EE / Spring / Hibernate / Multithreading / JMS / MQ
- Experience with Oracle / SQL Server
- Project Delivery Skills:
- Strong various technology skills with ability to think logically to analyze problems and define efficient solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills to work effectively with representatives of a diverse range of departments globally
- Ability to:
- Work both independently and with a team in a dynamic environment.
- Prioritize, organize own work and manage time effectively.
- Work within an environment with high pressure on timeliness and quality of deliveries
- Experience in Investment Bank and functional domain knowledge of Prime Brokerage is a plus
- Hands-on experience with messaging platforms (Kafka, Solace, MQ, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with Unix/Linux
- Agile development experience
- Cloud Application Design experience
FINRA Registrations Required:
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required):N/A
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person:
About BNP Paribas:
In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business.
BNP Paribas’ Corporate & Institutional Banking services corporate clients and institutional investors offering tailored solutions in financing, cash management, and advisory services to companies via Corporate Banking, in capital markets via Global Markets, and in securities custody and administration via Securities Services. As the asset management arm of BNP Paribas, BNP Paribas Asset Management offers high value-added solutions to individual savers, companies, and institutional investors.
The bank employs nearly 14,000 people and has a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver and Washington, DC.
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 68 countries, with more than 193,000 employees. The Bank offers a comprehensive range of banking, investment and financial services solutions through three main fields of activity: Retail Banking for the Bank’s retail-banking networks and several specialized businesses including BNP Paribas Personal Finance and Arval; Investment & Protection Services for savings, investment and protection solutions; and Corporate & Institutional Banking, focused on corporate and institutional clients. Based on its strong diversified and integrated model, BNP Paribas helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World.
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.