BNP Paribas, Europe’s leading provider of banking and financial services, has four domestic Retail Banking markets in Europe, namely in France, Belgium, Italy and Luxembourg. It operates in 68 countries and has more than 193,000 employees, including nearly 148,000 in Europe. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its two main businesses: Retail Banking and Services, and Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB).
With close to 34,000 people in 56 countries, BNP Paribas CIB serves to two types of clients – corporate and institutional (banks, insurance companies, asset managers, etc.) – tailored solutions in capital markets, securities services, financing, risk management, cash management and financial advice. Acting as a bridge between corporate and institutional clients, it aims at connecting the financing needs from corporate clients with institutional clients seeking investment opportunities.
In 2020, 31% of BNP Paribas’ revenues from operating divisions were generated by BNP Paribas CIB. CIB’s streamlined and efficient structure is designed to meet the needs of BNP Paribas’ corporate and institutional clients. CIB is thus organised around three main businesses: Corporate Banking, with its own organisation in each region; Global Markets, grouping together all capital market activities; and Securities Services.
The Real Estate Capital Markets (RECM)is part of the German & Dutch CIB platform . All real estate financing activities are bundled within the Real Estate Team in Frankfurt am Main and Amsterdam. This Team benefits from BNP Paribas large real estate network and offers clients tailor made real estate finance solutions in Germany. Due to the expansion of the BNP’s activities in this market, the bank is currently looking to hire a Vice President (m/f/d) to support the team and take responsibility for client coverage, and support with regards to real estate financing in Germany and the Netherland.
Area of Responsibility
- Contribution to the origination and execution of commercial real estate financings (asset-backed and/or corporate) and coverage of institutional real estate clients – both German and Dutch ones.
- Contribution to the management of client relationships. Develop and maintain client contacts on a project basis at respective client level. Analysis and understanding of clients’ financing needs / strategy.
- Analysis of potential new debt opportunities (senior, junior, mezz) in terms of suitable sponsor, asset quality/security, suitable cash flow coverage, risks, mitigates, pricing and returns
- Supporting the full deal cycle including origination, underwriting and structuring real estate transactions for clients
- Based on client and market information, assess risk, taking into account profitability requirements. Development of risk adequate financing structures, based on financial modeling, cash flow analysis and comparables.
- Responsibility for coordination of credit process. Performance of credit analysis (including due diligence process), compilation of credit request and coordination of internal stakeholders. Monitoring of portfolio files including internal reporting
- Always acts in accordance with (group) directives on the prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing, anti-corruption/bribery and the detection of transactions with countries subject to an embargo, carries out its tasks in accordance with existing anti-corruption/bribery laws, while respecting the Code of Conduct of the Group
- Ensure compliance with and monitoring the correct application of the directives and compliance instructions in relation to the fight against money laundering, terrorist financing, internal and external corruption, market integrity, banking and tax laws and ensuring compliance with international financial sanctions and the KYC regulations,
- Guarantees compliance with the principle of protecting customer interests in the marketing of products and services and ensures that all team members act with ethical integrity, in accordance with the Group’s Code of Conduct.
- Working closely with and reporting directly to the Directors and Managing Directors in Frankfurt and Amsterdam
The required profile
- Completed banking training with a degree in business administration or additional qualification as a banking specialist/banking economist
- Over 7 years of professional experience in the field of large-volume commercial real estate financing and the design of financing structures in the field of commercial real estate financing
- Relevant experience in the structuring of relevant collateral in the area of commercial real estate financing
- Many years’ experience in negotiating financing offers and loan agreement documentation in accordance with German and international financing standards
- Experience in mezzanine financing/transactions would be advantageous
- Experience in analyzing complex exposures and ability to develop tailor-made solutions for clients
- Leadership personality with high level of commitment, integrity and pragmatic approach
- Professional demeanor, excellent communication skills, strong organizational skills and ability to work independently, hands-on mentality
- Strategic and entrepreneurial skills, as well as responsible and risk-conscious approach to all activities
- In-depth market knowledge and experience in market observation as well as systematic, target group and potential-oriented market cultivation
- High level of analytical, strategic thinking and creative structuring skills to make confident judgments on complex issues
- Hands on and problem solving orientated, maintains a high degree of customer service and integrity
- Positive approach to change and active design of alternative courses of action
- Excellent computer skills
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications.
- A challenging and varied job in an economically excellently positioned and entrepreneurial financial services organization with a tremendous real estate network
- Flat corporate hierarchy, short and fast decision-making processes and an "open door policy
- Partnership-based cooperation with the top names in the industry (investors, service providers, financing partners and consultants)
- Openness for ideas and impulses as well as intensive interaction with the team
- Respectful and fair interaction as well as pleasant and appreciative cooperation at all levels
- Centrally located workplace in Frankfurt in modern, excellently equipped office space
- Attractive remuneration package