*Physical presence in BNPP’s office(s) is an essential function of this position. BNPP requires all of our employees to be vaccinated in order to access its offices, subject to reasonable accommodations for reasons related to disability or religion.
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates to be measured on the following four performance drivers, which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Impacts division and influences peers and team
- Demonstrates good judgement when making decisions of high complexity and impact
- Relies on limited guidance for most complex decision making
- Is responsible for driving outcomes which have meaningful effect on team or department
- Leadership and Collaboration
- Creates trust with department leaders
- Acts in leadership capacity for large projects, processes, or programs for a team
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus
- Able to build relationships with a mix of intermediate and senior colleagues or clients
- Interacts regularly with management and department leaders
- Demonstrates the ability to persuade and influence stakeholders at the team level
- Compliance Culture and Conduct
- Takes full responsibility for personal actions and demonstrates courage in facing problems and conflicts
- Perceived as a person of high moral character; upholds corporate values and displays high ethical standards”
The Valuation specialist role and responsibilities comprise of the following:
- Perform Independent Price Verification (IPV) processes for Fixed Income products with emphasis on interest rates derivative products
- Propose innovative enhancements to valuation methodologies. Implementation through consultation with and validation from local and global Risk (Risk-GM) and Financial Control groups.
- Effectively manage relationships with Front Office, Risk-GM and Research.
- Contribute to the evolution of the price verification processes. This includes identification of the instruments that create risk in the corresponding parameters and the assessment of alternative checking methods and sources. Analyze and question current processes and contribute to their improvement.
- Actively and regularly coordinate with V&RC Central colleagues to ensure:
- IPV and pre-IPV schedules are agreed and followed
- Results are accurately communicated and included in Global Reporting
- Global practices are understood and harmonized where possible
- Contribute to the maintenance of the matrix (market data cartography) that records the details for all parameters used in the Official PnL, ensuring that all parameters are controlled and accounted for and changes are properly authorized.
- Organize and store all month-end reviews and relevant materials, ensuring that records are accurate and complete. Carry out periodic reviews to ensure that documentation is adequate for internal and external reviews.
- Maintain good working relationships with other Product Control teams, Front Office, Finance and Risk-GM.
- Work within a limited period as part of a team and product accurate month end corrections. This might require discussion and timely conclusions with the Front Office and Risk-GM related to the quality and accuracy of the reviews
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Economics or Mathematics with high academics.
- 5 + years of relevant industry experience dealing with valuation, PnL reporting, IPV or risk monitoring.
- In-depth Knowledge of Fixed Income products and derivative pricing
- Excellent IT skills with emphasis on VBA, Excel.
- Strong written and oral communication, listening skills, including ability to concisely summarize findings and progress to management, especially in short timing under pressure.
- Ability to think critically, identify gaps in current controls and suggest improvements to existing processes.
- Ability to think in a control mindset, ensure all work is recorded, documented and readily available for audit.
- Ability to work in a global organization and build effective relationship with other counterparts/regions
- Graduate degree in Financial Engineering, Finance, Economics or hard science.
- Advance relevant certification such as FRM or CFA
FINRA Registrations Required:
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required):N/A
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person:
About BNP Paribas:
In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business.
BNP Paribas’ Corporate & Institutional Banking services corporate clients and institutional investors offering tailored solutions in financing, cash management, and advisory services to companies via Corporate Banking, in capital markets via Global Markets, and in securities custody and administration via Securities Services. As the asset management arm of BNP Paribas, BNP Paribas Asset Management offers high value-added solutions to individual savers, companies, and institutional investors.
The bank employs nearly 14,000 people and has a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver and Washington, DC.
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 68 countries, with more than 193,000 employees. The Bank offers a comprehensive range of banking, investment and financial services solutions through three main fields of activity: Retail Banking for the Bank’s retail-banking networks and several specialized businesses including BNP Paribas Personal Finance and Arval; Investment & Protection Services for savings, investment and protection solutions; and Corporate & Institutional Banking, focused on corporate and institutional clients. Based on its strong diversified and integrated model, BNP Paribas helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World.
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.