EQD Valuation Team is a distinct group with the ITO organization whose main objective is:
- Provide control over the prices used by BNP for the calculation of customer margin
- Provide a service to EQD clients by accurately pricing their positions
- Determine the most appropriate price to use from the available market data providers
*Physical presence in BNPP’s office(s) is an essential function of this position. BNPP requires all of our employees to be vaccinated in order to access its offices, subject to reasonable accommodations for reasons related to disability or religion. This role will be hybrid, consisting of an in office and remote working component.
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates to be measured on the following four performance drivers, which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Impacts division and influences peers and team
- Demonstrates good judgement when making decisions of high complexity and impact
- Relies on limited guidance for most complex decision making
- Is responsible for driving outcomes which have meaningful effect on team or department
- Leadership and Collaboration
- Creates trust with department leaders
- Acts in leadership capacity for large projects, processes, or programs for a team
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus
- Able to build relationships with a mix of intermediate and senior colleagues or clients
- Interacts regularly with management and department leaders
- Demonstrates the ability to persuade and influence stakeholders at the team level
- Compliance Culture and Conduct
- Takes full responsibility for personal actions and demonstrates courage in facing problems and conflicts
- Perceived as a person of high moral character; upholds corporate values and displays high ethical standards
The Valuation specialist role and responsibilities comprise of the following:
- Perform Independent Price Verification (IPV) processes for Global Equity products with focus on EQD Delta one, Stock Flow, Convertible bonds and illiquid methodologies.
- Lead projects, implementing new processes, re-engineering and industrializing current processes. New IPV implementations for EQD.
- Ensuring handover and methodology documentation on the parameter review processes are up to date and signed off by management.
- Propose innovative enhancements to valuation methodologies. Implementation through consultation with and validation from local and global Risk (Risk-GM) and Financial Control groups.
- Effectively manage relationships with Front Office, Trading, Research and Risk-GM.
- Actively explore and identify potential synergies and opportunities for improvements across business Lines (Fixed Income, GECD, and Asset/Liability Mgmt Treasury).
- Contribute to the maintenance of the matrix (market data cartography) that records the details for all parameters used in the Official PnL, ensuring that all parameters are controlled and accounted for and changes are properly authorized.
- Identify major PnL events and the research the relationship with pricing and IPV.
- Maintaining clear and thorough records of all controls and be prepared to present and explain to audit
- Ensure processes are easily transferrable to other members of the team and procedures are complete
- Identify areas for personal development including finding courses / studies to advance technical and soft skills required for role
- Proactively build and maintain relationships with Front Office, Risk-GM, Middle Office, Finance, IT and any other areas across the organization which will assist in furthering processes and projects based on trust, respect and professionalism.
- Contribute to initiatives within the Equity Valuation function, both within the region and in other locations.
- Ensure complete familiarity with and adherence to Global Policies and Procedures and raise issues to management when practices are inconsistent or unable to be followed.
- Actively suggest improvements to processes based on a continual critical assessment and awareness of gaps in current controls
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Finance, Economics or Mathematics with high academics.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience dealing with valuation and IPV.
- In-depth knowledge of Equity instruments and their valuation and trading strategies.
- Knowledge and understanding of options basics (Pricing/Models, Greeks, P&L effects, etc)
- Excellent IT skills (mainly VBA, Excel, Python). Quick to assimilate new technology/systems and adapt into processes.
- Strong written and oral communication, listening skills, including ability to concisely summarize findings and progress to management, especially in short timing under pressure.
- Ability to think critically, identify gaps in current controls and suggest improvements to existing processes.
- Ability to think in a control mindset, ensure all work is recorded, documented and readily available for audit.
- Ability to work in a global organization and build effective relationship with other counterparts/regions.
- Must be organized, accurate and attentive to detail.
- Must work well both within a team and independently.
- Masters in Financial engineering or related graduate degree
- CFA, FRM or equivalent certification
FINRA Registrations Required:
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required):
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person:
The expected starting salary range for this position in New Jersey is between $120 to $147 annually. The actual salary may vary based upon several factors including, but not limited to, relevant skills/experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business line, and geographic/office location.
About BNP Paribas:
In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business.
BNP Paribas’ Corporate & Institutional Banking services corporate clients and institutional investors offering tailored solutions in financing, cash management, and advisory services to companies via Corporate Banking, in capital markets via Global Markets, and in securities custody and administration via Securities Services. As the asset management arm of BNP Paribas, BNP Paribas Asset Management offers high value-added solutions to individual savers, companies, and institutional investors.
The bank employs nearly 14,000 people and has a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver and Washington, DC.
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 65 countries, with nearly 190,000 employees. The Bank offers a comprehensive range of banking, investment and financial services solutions through three main fields of activity: Retail Banking for the Bank’s retail-banking networks and several specialized businesses including BNP Paribas Personal Finance and Arval; Investment & Protection Services for savings, investment and protection solutions; and Corporate & Institutional Banking, focused on corporate and institutional clients. Based on its strong diversified and integrated model, BNP Paribas helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World - https://usa.bnpparibas/en/homepage/join-us/our-opportunities/
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.