Global Market Quantitative Research Team is responsible for most aspects of quantitative research within the Global Market universe, covering Interest Rates, FX, Credit, and Equity. There are teams in London, New York and Asia supporting trading activities of the flow and structured desks. They are responsible for the development of pricing, risk, and profitability models and their implementation in the global analytics library.
*Physical presence in BNPP’s office(s) is an essential function of this position. BNPP requires all of our employees to be vaccinated in order to access its offices, subject to reasonable accommodations for reasons related to disability or religion.
This is a front office quantitative research role with a focus on the products traded in Americas with continuous business interaction. The applicant will be expected to:
- Participate in the global research and development effort on various aspects of Financing business –Stock Loan and Inventory Management and expected to lead the Stock Loan/Inventory Management Quantitative Research team locally in US.
- Design, implement, and support collateral optimization tools for the Financing business using knowledge of various optimization algorithms.
- Utilize analytical, statistical, and technical skills to perform and automate counterparty performance analyses for the Stock Loan business.
- Build and maintain dashboard to track Balance Sheet usage by financing clients for Funding desk.
- Enhancement and rollout of real time pricing tools for Stock Loan desk.
- Focus on improving industrialization opportunities by automating tasks on a prioritized basis across the Financing Quantitative Research platform.
- Support the Stock Loan and Funding desks on Quant Research built applications on a daily basis.
- Take an active part in all front office activities by collaborating with other functions (Trading, Sales, IT and Market Risk) and Research globally and also develop relations with various stakeholders.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Advanced degree (Master or PhD) in science or engineering;
- Strong analytical skills and technical background in mathematics, computer science or finance;
- Knowledge of statistics as well as optimization algorithms;
- Prior programming experience in Python or C#.
- 2-3 years experience with the Equity Financing business (Stock Loan & Funding) or Fixed Income Financing business along with conceptual understanding of pricing and collateral optimization.
- Effective communication skills, ability and willingness to engage the business;
- Delivery focused and willingness to collaborate with other teams;
- Ability to manage book of work of team members along with their own.
FINRA Registrations Required:
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required):N/A
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person:
About BNP Paribas:
In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business.
BNP Paribas’ Corporate & Institutional Banking services corporate clients and institutional investors offering tailored solutions in financing, cash management, and advisory services to companies via Corporate Banking, in capital markets via Global Markets, and in securities custody and administration via Securities Services. As the asset management arm of BNP Paribas, BNP Paribas Asset Management offers high value-added solutions to individual savers, companies, and institutional investors.
The bank employs nearly 14,000 people and has a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver and Washington, DC.
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 65 countries, with nearly 190,000 employees. The Bank offers a comprehensive range of banking, investment and financial services solutions through three main fields of activity: Retail Banking for the Bank’s retail-banking networks and several specialized businesses including BNP Paribas Personal Finance and Arval; Investment & Protection Services for savings, investment and protection solutions; and Corporate & Institutional Banking, focused on corporate and institutional clients. Based on its strong diversified and integrated model, BNP Paribas helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World - https://usa.bnpparibas/en/homepage/join-us/our-opportunities/
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.