RISK’s main responsibilities are:
- Credit and counterparty risk, market risk, funding and liquidity risk, as well as interest rate and FX risk of the Banking book, insurance risk and operational risk.
- RISK covers all Group’s activities and geographies.
- Provide a holistic view of the risk profile to the Bank’s Management and Board, by coordinating with the relevant Functions to ensure relevant risk assessment, aggregation, and reporting.
RISK I2S, which is part of RISK CIB, is responsible of the credit risk profile for all institutional clients, intragroup entities, and market infrastructure entities, as well as their related credit approval processes.
*Physical presence in BNPP’s office(s) is an essential function of this position. BNPP requires all of our employees to be vaccinated in order to access its offices, subject to reasonable accommodations for reasons related to disability or religion.
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates to be measured on the following four performance drivers, which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Impacts division and influences peers and team
- Demonstrates good judgement when making decisions of high complexity and impact
- Relies on limited guidance for most complex decision making
- Is responsible for driving outcomes which have meaningful effect on team or department
- Leadership and Collaboration
- Creates trust with department leaders
- Acts in leadership capacity for large projects, processes, or programs for a team
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus
- Able to build relationships with a mix of intermediate and senior colleagues or clients
- Interacts regularly with management and department leaders
- Demonstrates the ability to persuade and influence stakeholders at the team level
- Compliance Culture and Conduct
- Takes full responsibility for personal actions and demonstrates courage in facing problems and conflicts
- Perceived as a person of high moral character; upholds corporate values and displays high ethical standards”
Credit risk management for Hedge Funds:
- Perform credit analyses on hedge fund counterparties identifying major strengths and weaknesses via a review of investment strategy and leverage, liquidity sources and uses, performance history, portfolio exposures and risk management practices.
- Evaluate derivatives and financing transactions across client base, working closely with Relationship Managers, Global Markets business lines, Market Risk, Legal and Operations personnel to structure transactions to mitigate diverse forms of risk.
- Present credit reviews to appropriate credit committees including senior management.
- Monitor creditworthiness of assigned counterparties on an ongoing basis, proactively identifying any deterioration in credit quality.
- Maintain good and open relationships with customers via due diligence meetings and other periodic communications.
- Work with other support areas within the bank (e.g. legal, credit risk control, collateral management, etc.) to ensure that the provisions of legal documents protect the bank and reflect the terms of the credit approval.
- Effectively handle multiple tasks through prioritization of requests.
Work on other special projects and initiatives as needed
Minimum Required Qualifications
- BA/BS required - concentration in finance or business preferred
- 5+ years of relevant credit work experience, including exposure to the Hedge Fund industry
- Good understanding of financing and Capital Markets trading products
- Strong analytical skills with a focus on detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to firmly and confidently express credit decisions & opinions
- Proactive, with the ability to multi-task and influence change
- MBA, CFA or CPA designation a plus
FINRA Registrations Required:
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required):
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person:
About BNP Paribas:
In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business.
BNP Paribas’ Corporate & Institutional Banking services corporate clients and institutional investors offering tailored solutions in financing, cash management, and advisory services to companies via Corporate Banking, in capital markets via Global Markets, and in securities custody and administration via Securities Services. As the asset management arm of BNP Paribas, BNP Paribas Asset Management offers high value-added solutions to individual savers, companies, and institutional investors.
The bank employs nearly 14,000 people and has a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver and Washington, DC.
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 68 countries, with more than 193,000 employees. The Bank offers a comprehensive range of banking, investment and financial services solutions through three main fields of activity: Retail Banking for the Bank’s retail-banking networks and several specialized businesses including BNP Paribas Personal Finance and Arval; Investment & Protection Services for savings, investment and protection solutions; and Corporate & Institutional Banking, focused on corporate and institutional clients. Based on its strong diversified and integrated model, BNP Paribas helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World.
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.