In many respects, banking is the business of managing Risks.
At BNP Paribas, our well-developed Risk management culture is based on a long-term perspective, a committed management, and a strong and independent Risk organization led by RISK. Created at the same time as BNP Paribas, RISK is today a global function present in five continents and at the forefront of Risk management through best-in-class expertise.
RISK is a global, integrated, and independent function. RISK’s main missions:
- Advise the Bank Management on the definition of risk policy;
- Contribute as a “second pair of eyes” to ensure that risks taken by the Bank are aligned with its policies;
- Report and Alert Bank Management on the status of risks to which the Bank is exposed.
- A deconcentrated organization covering all the Business Lines and encompassing the whole chain of risk-taking.
A Risk framework adapted to each Business:
- Credit risk, Market & Counterpart risk, Liquidity Risk and Insurance Risk
- Encompassing the whole chain of Risk-taking and monitoring:
- Risk policy
- Risk analytics and modelling
- Risk Anticipation
- Portfolio analysis: risk concentrations and stress-testing
- Reporting / Monitoring
- Risk Independent validation & Control
- Counterparty & transaction analysis
A Risk organization covering all the business lines:
- Equity and Derivatives, Commodities, Rates, Credit, FOREX / local markets, Asset and Liabilities and Insurance
*Physical presence in BNPP’s office(s) is an essential function of this position. BNPP requires all of our employees to be vaccinated in order to access its offices, subject to reasonable accommodations for reasons related to disability or religion.
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates will be measured on the following four performance drivers, which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Impacts division and influences peers and team
- Demonstrates good judgement when making decisions of high complexity and impact
- Relies on limited guidance for most complex decision making
- Is responsible for driving outcomes which have meaningful effect on team or department
- Leadership and Collaboration
- Creates trust with department leaders
- Acts in leadership capacity for large projects, processes, or programs for a team
Candidate Success Factors Cont’d:
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus
- Able to build relationships with a mix of intermediate and senior colleagues or clients
- Interacts regularly with management and department leaders
- Demonstrates the ability to persuade and influence stakeholders at the team level
- Compliance Culture and Conduct
- Takes full responsibility for personal actions and demonstrates courage in facing problems and conflicts
- Perceived as a person of high moral character; upholds corporate values and displays high ethical standards”
Responsible for Counterparty / Prime Brokerage risk monitoring and analysis
- Analysis, monitoring and reporting of counterparty risk exposures:
- Understanding the origin of the exposures (specific trades, products);
- Designing relevant metrics and stress testing, under both internal and regulatory context;
- Aggregating and monitoring, across products market risk sensitivities by counterparty, hence providing a transversal view;
Define / validate / monitor the specific risk framework, e.g. stress testing measures Prime Brokerage activities.
- Engage in active discussions with Trading/Sales and internal RISK stakeholders on risk issues
- Summarize, escalade and present risk topics to Management
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Master in Math / Quantitative Finance / Engineering / Economics
- Minimum 5 years in risk management/quantitative financing/trading fields
- In-depth understanding of counterparty/liquidity/market risk originated from derivatives and securities financing transactions (Security lending and Prime Brokerage)
- Understanding quantitative risk measures and related modeling / methodology
- Strong quantitative skills (Math, VBA/Excel);
- Strong communication skills (being able to summarize and communicate efficiently);
- Knowledge of stress testing, capital markets products and Prime brokerage margin rules
- Knowledge of regulatory rules and impacts on the counterparty/Prime Brokerage risk.
FINRA Registrations Required:
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required):
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person
About BNP Paribas:
In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business.
BNP Paribas’ Corporate & Institutional Banking services corporate clients and institutional investors offering tailored solutions in financing, cash management, and advisory services to companies via Corporate Banking, in capital markets via Global Markets, and in securities custody and administration via Securities Services. As the asset management arm of BNP Paribas, BNP Paribas Asset Management offers high value-added solutions to individual savers, companies, and institutional investors.
The bank employs nearly 14,000 people and has a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver and Washington, DC.
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 68 countries, with more than 193,000 employees. The Bank offers a comprehensive range of banking, investment and financial services solutions through three main fields of activity: Retail Banking for the Bank’s retail-banking networks and several specialized businesses including BNP Paribas Personal Finance and Arval; Investment & Protection Services for savings, investment and protection solutions; and Corporate & Institutional Banking, focused on corporate and institutional clients. Based on its strong diversified and integrated model, BNP Paribas helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World.
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.