Inspection Générale North America (IGNA) Hub is part of BNP Paribas’ global Internal Audit group (Inspection Générale or “IG”) which is staffed by highly qualified individuals who perform risk-based reviews to provide reasonable assurance to senior management on the adequacy of internal controls and recommend control and efficiency improvements.
In line with the regulatory expectations, IGNA is building a team of Conduct Audit Methodology Specialists to create and maintain audit work programs as they relate to Capital Market activities and Conduct risks applicable to Designated Market Activities.
The expected starting salary range for this position in New Jersey is between $155,000 to $185,000 annually. Actual salary may vary based upon several factors including, but not limited to, relevant skills/experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business line, and geographic/office location.
Ability to work from home?
*Physical presence in BNPP’s office(s) is an essential function of this position. BNPP requires all of our employees to be vaccinated in order to access its offices, subject to reasonable accommodations for reasons related to disability or religion.
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates to be measured on the following four performance drivers, which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Impacts division and influences peers and team
- Demonstrates good judgement when making decisions of high complexity and impact
- Relies on limited guidance for most complex decision making
- Is responsible for driving outcomes which have meaningful effect on team or department
- Leadership and Collaboration
- Creates trust with department leaders
- Acts in leadership capacity for large projects, processes, or programs for a team
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus
- Able to build relationships with a mix of intermediate and senior colleagues or clients
- Interacts regularly with management and department leaders
- Demonstrates the ability to persuade and influence stakeholders at the team level
- Compliance Culture and Conduct
- Takes full responsibility for personal actions and demonstrates courage in facing problems and conflicts
- Perceived as a person of high moral character; upholds corporate values and displays high ethical standards”
The Conduct Audit Methodology Specialist will play a key role in supporting the internal audit team to independently assess the effectiveness of the governance and conduct framework.
A strong background in market activities auditing, conduct risk management, compliance risk management, or consulting for Financial Services is a key requirement for this position.
Specific Responsibilities include
- Create and maintain audit work programs, including Audit Guides and Risk & Control Matrices for Capital Markets activities.
- Develop audit work programs that clearly identify the relevant US laws and regulations.
- Write risk, expected control, and testing script statements that are clear, concise, and address regulatory expectations.
- Maintain and update audit work programs on a regular basis, to reflect feedback from audit teams or to incorporate new/changed regulatory expectations.
- Develop and maintain relationships with other audit specialists, IG Markets and Models Audit team members, Data Analytics Team, Conduct Program Monitors and other stakeholders as part of the Conduct audit methodology activities.
- Deliver clear presentations to Senior Management and IG Management.
- Keep abreast of the evolution of auditing standards and key regulations covering designated market activities and conduct and compliance risk management.
- Adopt and promote strong ethical values.
- Participate in various governance forums as assigned to provide reports and information on current/emerging business issues to management
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in applicable and related field (Accounting and/or Finance preferred).
- 5 minimum years of audit and/or risk management experience with conduct risk management, operational risk and/or market activities in the banking industry.
- Strong understanding of conduct risk management concepts and related regulatory expectations.
- Strong understanding of the relevant risks and controls in market activities areas such as Trading, Origination, Distribution, Sales, Order Management and Trade Execution, Risk Management, and Operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact effectively with the different stakeholders and regulators.
- Ability to work in a team, liaise with other bank departments and adapt to new situations and approaches.
- Technical proficiency regarding managing and correlating data in Microsoft Excel, PowerBI and/or Tableau.
- Master’s degree.
- Relevant licenses and certifications.
- Experience is Banking Risk Management improvement or remediation projects.
- Strong knowledge of financial products, capital markets, banking industry and the related risks.
- Direct auditing experience in one or more of the areas: Capital Markets, Equity/Fixed Income, Sales and Trading, Derivatives/Futures.
- Strong knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- VBA for MS Office, PowerBI, Tableau, and SAS are a plus
- A good listener with excellent communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity
- Rigor, precision and resilience
- Team spirit
FINRA Registrations Required:
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required):N/A
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person:
About BNP Paribas:
In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business.
BNP Paribas’ Corporate & Institutional Banking services corporate clients and institutional investors offering tailored solutions in financing, cash management, and advisory services to companies via Corporate Banking, in capital markets via Global Markets, and in securities custody and administration via Securities Services. As the asset management arm of BNP Paribas, BNP Paribas Asset Management offers high value-added solutions to individual savers, companies, and institutional investors.
The bank employs nearly 14,000 people and has a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver and Washington, DC.
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 65 countries, with nearly 190,000 employees. The Bank offers a comprehensive range of banking, investment and financial services solutions through three main fields of activity: Retail Banking for the Bank’s retail-banking networks and several specialized businesses including BNP Paribas Personal Finance and Arval; Investment & Protection Services for savings, investment and protection solutions; and Corporate & Institutional Banking, focused on corporate and institutional clients. Based on its strong diversified and integrated model, BNP Paribas helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World - https://usa.bnpparibas/en/homepage/join-us/our-opportunities/
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.