The European Advisory Group, part of Corporate & Institutional Banking, is a transversal team dedicated to support both the origination and execution of event driven transactions. It combines a large group of local and industry professionals operating throughout EMEA, nurturing a strong investment banking culture.
The successful candidate will play an important and accountable role in many aspects of origination & execution on corporate finance transactions for corporate clients and financial sponsors in The Netherlands. Exposure, challenge, high standards, training and multicultural working environment will ensure a steep learning curve to support a strong career path locally and internationally.
The Corporate & Institutional Banking platform in Amsterdam is currently actively expanding its set up and is looking for an outstanding individual to join the team.
M&A Advisory Netherlands
The Vice President Advisory has the responsibility for origination and execution of M&A transactions. The VP is the point of contact for a designated client base on all Corporate Finance matters.
Role and responsibilities:
- Operate under the following principles; integrity, responsiveness, accountability, creativity, innovation, team work and taking leadership
- Manage multiple M&A assignments from start to finish, manage client relationships and build trust with clients and other advisors
- Originate buy/sell-side mandates through network
- Maintain the strategic dialogue with key clients as well as through managing the execution of complex and highly visible transactions
- Actively build the BNPP Advisory franchise and reputation in a coordinated way
- Support Associates/Analysts in improving their capabilities across the board and play mentorship role, ensuring constant improvement of skills
- Drive the development and enhancement of M&A methodologies and approaches within the department
- Take active responsibility for executing part of our Client Focus Strategy
Strong academic history, Master Degree in Finance, Management, Economics, Engineering areas
Successful current or past (6-8 years) experience in Corporate Finance or other relevant IB position
Excellent numerical, analytical and modelling abilities with aptitude to think strategically
Autonomous and multi-tasking
Capability to work under tight deadlines, excellent time management and prioritization
Ability to deliver high quality work and effectively manage junior banking team members;
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Fluency in Dutch and English is compulsory; other European languages are a bonus
Team spirit, collaborative and inclusive way of working
- Ability to act in accordance with both common law and all relevant regulations; integrity is key.
As part of the application procedure there is an assessment and Pre-Employment Screening (PES). A PES includes a check of your ID and credentials, a statement of good behaviour and a statement regarding liability at the time of commencement of employment.