In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
The candidate’s main responsibilities involve the implementation and execution of independent price valuation control review and risk control of the bank’s Capital Market position.
This position will involve hands-on operational production work, as well as judgmental capacity.
• Performing the independent price verification on equities / other asset class activities.
• Participating in the evolution of the market parameter verification. This includes the identification of the parameters in use and the assessment of alternative checking methods and sources. Analyse and able to question existing processes for improvement.
• Performing the control and validation of market data cartographies and pricing configuration.
• Involving in global IPV process/tools development and contributing to global projects, including automation and standardization of IPV tools and process.
• Implementing new controls/processes arising from regulator’s recommendation.
• Documenting methodologies for IPV proposed by Risk-GM whilst at the same time constructively challenging the existing policy and looking for improvements.
• Build and maintain relationships with other Product Control teams, Front Office, Finance and Risk GM based on trust, respect and professionalism
• Contributing to other initiatives within V&RC function, both within the region and in other locations.
• Participating in ad-hoc valuation related projects
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• 5 years’ relevant experience in banking industry, such as Market Risk / Valuation related position would be an advantage.
• Good understanding of different Options Strategy, Volatility Products, Equities Swap Products, and Structured Products is required.
• Strong in financial mathematics complemented by good knowledge of market practice would be an advantage.
• Strong IT skills are necessary with Python, Excel, VBA & Access.
• Ability to find workaround solutions, attention to details is essential, especially when under pressure and time constraints.
• Good understanding of control techniques and logic
Specific Qualifications (if required)
• FRM/CFA qualification would be an advantage.