In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
The candidate’s main function is the implementation and execution of independent price valuation review and risk control of the bank’s capital Market position.
This position will involve hands-on operational production work, as well as judgmental capacity.
• Perform IPV of market data parameters under the Valuation and Risk Control coverage responsibility
• Contribute to the evolution of the market parameter verification. This includes identification of the parameters in use and the assessment of alternative checking methods and sources. Analyse and question current processes and contribute to their improvement
• Actively participate in the evolution of the market parameter verification processes, including identification of the parameters in use and the assessment of alternative checking methods and sources. Analyze and question current processes and contribute to their improvement
• Involve in global IPV process/tools development and contribute to global projects, including automation and standardization of IPV tools and process
• Contribute to the Indices contribution 2nd level control process. Involvement in development of control and tools for the control
• Build and maintain relationships with Front Office, Middle Office, Finance and Market Risk based on trust, respect and professionalism
• Contribute to other initiatives within V&RC
• Participate in ad-hoc valuation related projects
• Perform cross-region supports within V&RC Asia
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• 4-5 years’ relevant experience in banking industry, such as Market Risk / Valuation related position would be in advantage
• Understanding of a range of Fixed Income products valuation and their associated risk sensitivities
• Good understanding of control techniques and logic
• Project Experience would be an advantage
• Good numerical / mathematical skills
• Good PC skills – Strong VBA and SQL skills would be an advantage
• Excellent communications skills
• People oriented and team player
Specific Qualifications (if required)
• FRM/CFA qualification would be an advantage.
Primary Location: HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong KongJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: RISKSEducation Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)Experience Level: At least 3 years
Behavioural competency: Ability to collaborate / Teamwork, Ability to deliver / Results driven, Attention to detail / rigorTransversal competency: Ability to develop and adapt a process , Ability to understand, explain and support change