In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
The candidate’s main responsibility is to conduct the implementation and execution of independent price verification (IPV) review and risk control of the bank’s Global Markets position.
This position will involve hands-on operational production work as well as judgmental capacity.
• Perform IPV of market data parameters under the Valuation Control coverage responsibility
• Contribute to the evolution of the market parameter verification. This includes identification of the parameters in use and the assessment of alternative checking methods and sources. Analyse and question current processes and contribute to their improvement
• Actively participate in the evolution of the market parameter verification processes, including identification of the parameters in use and the assessment of alternative checking methods and sources. Analyze and question current processes and contribute to their improvement
• Involve in global IPV process/tools development and contribute to global projects, including automation and standardization of IPV tools and process
• Contribute to the Indices contribution 2nd level control process. Involvement in development of control and tools for the control
• Build and maintain relationships with Front Office, Middle Office, Finance and Market Risk based on trust, respect and professionalism
• Contribute to other initiatives within Valuation Control
• Participate in ad-hoc valuation related projects
• Perform cross-region supports within Valuation Control APAC
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• 5 years’ relevant experience in banking industry, such as Market Risk / Valuation related position would be an advantage
• Understanding of a range of Fixed Income products valuation and their associated risk sensitivities
• Good understanding of control techniques and logic
• Project experience would be an advantage
• Good numerical / mathematical skills
• Able to apply quantitative skills to solve practical problems with the ability to explain technical topics clearly and intuitively.
• Good programming skills – Strong Python and VBA skills would be an advantage, SQL/database experience will be a plus.
• Excellent communications skills
Specific Qualifications (if required)
• FRM/CFA qualification would be an advantage.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance, Financial engineering, Physics, Mathematics or Computer Sciences