At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for providing high quality customer service by meeting the needs of customers in an efficient and friendly manner while both servicing transactions and handling needs assessment and new account opening. Provides guidance and assistance to less experienced front line staff. Assists with more complex transactions and reporting.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for a broad range of moderate to complex activities in the branch including transaction processing, new account sales, customer servicing and referral generation.
- May act as customers’ first point of contact with the Bank, by serving the customers' total financial service needs by recognizing and uncovering opportunities and contributing directly to the success of the branch.
- Promotes digital solutions by assisting customers in the branch with technology and proactively shares digital options via multiple self-service channels.
- Establishes, maintains, and deepens relationships with branch customers to achieve branch performance goals and provides excellent customer service.
- Promotes and markets financial products through outbound calls, telemarketing, targeted directed mailings, and in-branch selling. May include outbound calls based on portfolio management system leads as assigned by branch management.
- Accountable for individual goals and contributions to increase branch sales, revenues and customer experience.
- Assists with more complex transactions and reporting (including but not limited to approving transactions, Branch Certifications, Cash Counts, ATM Balancing, etc.).
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- 3 yrs Requires basic job knowledge of systems and procedures obtained through prior work experience or education. Typically requires a minimum of 3 years of experience with personal banking or teller experience.
- Good customer service skills and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of bank deposits, consumer lending products, credit products, and services to open accounts or refer customer to specialists’ partner.
- Collaborative, teamwork and relationship building skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to perform branch processes and procedures with strong attention to detail.
- Effectively use all applicable systems, technology and software to perform job functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.