What you’ll do:
As part of Bank of the West, you’ll be making a positive impact on the environment, your community, and the planet at a leading sustainable bank.
Are your curious? We’re looking for an eager, personable learner with banking experience to fill the role of Universal Banker. You’ll be responsible for a range of moderate-to-complex activities in the branch—this includes transaction processing, new account sales, and referral generation. Universal Banker is a high-visibility position in which you’ll often be customers’ first point-of-contact with the bank, while also giving guidance to less experienced frontline staff.
You will establish and maintain customer relationships while meeting clients’ complete financial service needs. You’ll also help customers with branch technology and proactively educate them about digital self-service options. As a friendly and helpful branch presence, you’ll chat with customers to identify referral opportunities for appropriate bank products and services.
You’ll promote financial products using tactics that may include responding to targeted direct mailings, in-branch selling, and outbound calls. You may also help with more complex transactions and reporting—this can include approving transactions, branch certifications, cash counts, ATM balancing, and other activities. Success will be defined by meeting individual goals that contribute to increased branch sales, revenues, and customer experience.
What you need:
* Basic knowledge of bank systems and procedures, typically acquired through a minimum of 3 years of experience as a teller or personal banker
* A personable nature and good customer service skills, both verbal and written
* Knowledge of bank deposits, consumer lending products, credit products, and other services
* The ability to build relationships, be part of a team, and work collaboratively
* Problem solving skills and a can-do attitude
* A strong attention to detail
* Comfort and proficiency working with technology and software
What’s in it for you?
At Bank of the West, you will be part of fundamentally different type of bank that is having a positive impact on the world. You can be proud to work for an organization that has the strongest environmental policies of any major U.S. bank (defined as those with more than $90
billion in assets). You’ll also be working for a place with a proven commitment to diversity, starting at the very top with our CEO and extending through all levels of the organization.
You’ll do meaningful work that makes a real difference in the world. We are leveraging the power of finance to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. As part of BNP Paribas, you’ll also be working for a global leader in positive banking, and the ninth-largest bank in the world.
We provide our team members with the resources they need to be successful at work, and to thrive outside the office. Whether it’s our healthcare benefits, a gym subsidy, parental leave, global opportunities, flexible working, or simply a pack of post-it notes, we make sure you have what you need.
At Bank of the West and BNP Paribas, we innovate, we develop, we work together, and we care; those are our guiding values, and we live them every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran. Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Requires limited job knowledge of systems and procedures. Follows basic work routines and standards.
Typically does not require prior experience.
- Understands basic knowledge of bank deposits, lending products, credit products, and services to open accounts or refer customer to specialists partner
- Execellent customer service skills that include good verbal and written communication
- Relationship building, collaboration and teamwork
- Problem Solving skills
- MMCRM, Touchpoint Teller and Systems Training and new account opening
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.