Tribe Release Engineer – m/f/x
Willing to push the boundaries with us for a more sustainable world?
Do you have experience as release engineer? Do concepts such as release strategy, scope and dependency management, deployments, integrity and release calendars resonate to you? Are you looking for a challenging position where coordination at tribe level is a must? Then apply and become our new colleague!
At Tribe CCE-I we are responsible for the delivery of all the digital channels for employees and individual customers. All together, we work on a daily basis to continuously improve and make the bank easy, while creating intuitive and engaging digital experiences.
We work according to the Agile methodology with all the ceremonies in place to facilitate our deliveries. Therefore it is very important to have the correct mindset and be able to get smoothly integrated in an existing and open-minded team.
Your future job
As Tribe Release Engineer (TRE), you will be in charge of the end-to-end release management of the features delivered by our Tribe, composed of about 20 squads. In this context, you will manage a consolidated release plan for the coming period and make sure to coordinate the deployments while assessing the risks, defining timelines, managing dependencies, considering contingency plans and orchestrating activities across squads and tribes.
In further details, here is a non-exhaustive list of tasks that TRE’s are typically doing:
- Define the tribe’s release strategy, together with the Tribe Management Team members
- Manage the release/roll-out calendar of the tribe and supports the consolidation of the release/roll-out calendars;
- Manage the release scope as well as the release planning;
- Manage the (external) dependencies together with other Tribe Release Engineers;
- Plan and control the deployments between the different environments;
- Monitor the progress of the delivery and discuss potential and actual deviations to the initial plan in order to solve them;
- Coordinate deployment preparation as well as execution;
- Ensure that the correct service components are installed by promoting the configuration management of the tribe;
- Ensure that the integrity of the production environment is protected.
As a Tribe Release Engineer in Tribe CCE-I, you will also be requested to act as a servant leader to coach and support (a cluster of) squads regarding everything concerning release management. The objective is to have squads becoming more and more senior and independent concerning release management and delivery in general.
Finally, you will be the guardian of the Tribe’s operational quality, working together with the Tribe Test Engineers, Tribe Scrum Masters, Tribe Product Owners, Architects and Squad Members to enhance Delivery Quality & Predictability.
Highlight your strengths
- You have a Bachelor degree in IT or equivalent by experience.
- You have 5 years of proven experience in a release management position
- You have a good knowledge in English. Good knowledge of French or English is a plus.
Required knowledge / Experience
- Sound knowledge of activities on release management and configuration management
- Release Orchestration (App. Package, runbooks, release pipeline/workflow, …
- Enabling Tooling in support of Development, Testing, Quality & Collaboration
- Experience in large enterprise
- Management of large digital transformation types of project
- Knowledge about and having experienced the agile way of working
- Continuous Integration Platform - CIP(aaS) : Jenkins, Nexus, Maven, SVN, Git, Ansible, Docker, …
- Cloud enabling: Experience is with a cloud migration journey
- Previous experience in bank sector
- Team player in an agile environment
- Quick self-starter, pro-active attitude, self-motivated
- Ability to support and inspire others
- Ability to work in a dynamic and multi-cultural environment
- Feel for important details and how they fit with the overall picture
- Ability to build working relationships in a complex environment
- Ability to manage large number of stakeholders
- Very good communication, structure and organization skills
Your future workplace
Thanks to the daily commitment of our more than 12,000 employees, BNP Paribas Fortis aims to be a responsible and sustainable leader and the preferred partner of our clients over the long term. For IT it means developing ingenious banking technologies to continuously offer them tailored solutions—at every key moment in their lives.
Our IT teams work at the centre of Brussels, just a few 100m from the central station, the building has a company restaurant and the bank has a flexible homeworking policy.
Want to know more?
, Web & Digital Foundations Cluster Product Owner.
By choosing us, you get
- Excellent opportunities to develop, personally and professionally, and spread your wings.
- A permanent contract and an attractive pay package.
- A position in a responsible, socially engaged organisation where diversity and inclusion are the standard.
- The possibility of working part time (80 or 90 per cent).
In a changing world, diversity and inclusion are core values for team well-being and performance. At BNP Paribas Fortis, we want to welcome and retain all talents, regardless of gender, age, origin or sexual orientation, and irrespective of whether or not they are living with a disability, as each of them have their own experience and identity. Together, let's build the bank of tomorrow: innovative, responsible and sustainable. All of our full-time vacancies are also open to candidates wishing to work 80% or 90%.
Choose BNP Paribas Fortis now and apply here.
We will make our first selections on the basis of your CV and letter of motivation. Are you the candidate we’re looking for? Then you’re sure to hear from us. Good luck!