About the job
- The Corporate Risk Trainee plays a fundamental role in enhancing RISK Corporate capabilities in terms of portfolio analysis, knowledge-sharing & detection of early signs of potential deterioration
Your Main Activities Are
- Supporting the RISK Corporate Risk Officers in the enlargement of their perimeters
- Contribute to the preparation and the production of credit portfolio-related initiatives
- Act as the main point of contact for anticipation matters and detection of early signs of potential deterioration
- This is a great opportunity to start a dynamic and challenging role with exciting responsibilities including
- The development and enhancement of the risk anticipation framework, namely the detection of early signs of potential deterioration
- Analysing the impact of different macro events on Corporate Portfolio
- Coordination of Sectorial/Product Reviews within RISK
- Regular interaction with senior stakeholders
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Risk Management, Banking
- Up to 2 years of relevant experience
- Credit Risk / Market Risk / Financial Analysis / Risk Management as field of expertise
- Fluency in English, both oral and written (mandatory)
- Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
- Attention to detail / rigor
- Analytical Ability
About the Team
- RISK aims at being a partner of the businesses by contributing to their sustainable development, but also a gatekeeper to ensure risks taken remain compatible with the Group’s Risk Appetite and its strategy. RISK teams engage in an upstream dialogue with businesses to better understand their strategy, objectives and then they express their opinions and recommendations
- RISK Corporate is integrated within RISK Corporate & Institutional Banking and its main missions are:
- Ensure the quality of risks taken on Corporate Banking activities by i) acting as a second pair of eyes on all credit decisions relating to Corporates to guarantee quality and consistency with a level of risk “acceptable” to the Bank, the Bank’s risk profile and its policies and ii) guaranteeing the adequacy of the Risk Ratings and Global Recovery Rates assigned to corporate exposures
- Monitor the risk profile of corporate exposures by i) ensuring risk anticipation by detecting early signs of potential deterioration, identifying and monitoring of financially distressed files, ii) monitoring the Risk Profile of Corporate Exposures and perform portfolio reviews and iii) ensuring through the provisioning process that the value of assets held by the Bank is realistic
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.