BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
The Compliance Function is an independent and integrated function of BNP Paribas Group. The overall mission of Compliance is, through second level control, to give reasonable assurance to senior management, that compliance, regulatory and reputational risks within Compliance Territory Portugal scope (CIB, Securities Services and Factor) are monitored, controlled and mitigated as relevant.
Reporting to the Head of Territory Compliance in charge of the management of the Professional Ethics within Compliance Territory Portugal.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide support on PE domain through a critical analysis of the applicable Group/Local policies and procedures
- Contribution support on the definition and implementation of internal controls for an efficient oversight of the PE
- Communication support with the Control team by providing the relevant information for the execution of the Generic Control Plans on PE
- Contribution support to audit missions on PE by providing the relevant information
- Contribution support to develop the PE Compliance Framework within Territory Compliance Portugal through local regulatory watch and of the applicable Group/local policies and procedures
- Support in the establishment of a clear communication with key stakeholders inside / outside Compliance
- Contribution support to promote a strong culture and awareness of the applicable Compliance procedures
- Academic background in Law, Business or equivalent
- Fluency in English is mandatory
- Good organization skills
- Analytical profile with details’ orientation
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.