The position will be located in the Madrid-based Trade Finance Service Centre. The TFSC covers the processing of Guarantees for the following European countries: Austria, Germany, Netherland, Spain and UK.
The TFSC will report hierarchically to the Local COO in Spain and functionally to Trade Finance Operations Europe
- Ensure client needs are met and/or exceeded, processing client requests on a timely and proactive manner.
- Provide assistance/support to clients and corporate groups on technical aspects and practices of International and Domestic Guarantees, standby LCs, commercial LCs and documentary collections.
- Provide support and assistance to Front Office (FO) on technical aspects and practices and in getting deals booked and properly processed.
- Perform controls to ensure compliance with internal and regulatory regulations.
- Verify that all approvals are in place (from Credit Risk, Compliance and Legal) in order to proceed with client requests.
- Process of Guarantees issued on behalf of the Bank’s clients or other branches/subsidiaries/correspondents, including the checking of wordings in non-standard or pre-validated formats. In that respect, managing changes to the wordings, contacting directly with branches overseas or correspondents and liaising with Clients / GTS for obtaining the agreement of clients.
- Process of standby LCs, commercial LCs and documentary collections in coordination with the Back-Office located in India, ensuring that letter of credit transactions are in conformity with client instructions and UCP Publication 600/ISP98.
- Ensure timely processing of sensitive transactions and report to management any unusual or intricate transactions requiring review, discussion and or approval.
- A good understanding of Guarantees and Documentary products and specific regulations (URDG, UCP, ISP, URR, ISBP, URC…)
- Systems and processes: SWIFT
Primary Location: ES-MD-MadridJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: OPERATION PROCESSINGEducation Level: Not indicatedExperience Level: Not IndicatedSchedule: Full-time