CIB Hispanic Latin America
Location: Buenos Aires
About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 74 countries, with more than 192,000 employees, including more than 146,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
The Hispanic Latin America region is a key market for BNP Paribas. While Brazil remains the largest economy in Latin America, other major countries in the region are also significant contributors. Mexico alone has a GDP which represents two thirds of Brazil’s.
BNP Paribas has a historical footprint in the Hispanic Latin America. The Bank has been in the region since 1914 and is now present in 5 countries with nearly 2000 employees between CIB and International Financial Services.
CIB in Hispanic Latin America has world-class teams of roughly 200 professionals spread among Colombia, Mexico, Chile, Peru and Argentina, thus ensuring an overall coverage of BNP Paribas’ client franchise in the region. All BNP Paribas’ business lines have operations in Hispanic Latin America and are structured in such a way as to provide their clients with the best combination of specialists according to sector, product or geographic region. In the context of growing globalization, they are able to accommodate their clients thanks to their powerful regional platforms:
- In North America (essentially New York but also other hubs such as Houston and San Francisco) and Brazil (Sao Paulo) with a number of professionals covering Latin America.
- In the whole of Europe with major hubs such as Paris, London, Frankfurt, Madrid, etc.
- In Asia with a broad coverage of all major economies in the region.
- Make and manage currency transfers (MEP, Interbanking, MEP Dollars and currency dollars and other non-local currencies)
- Manage and process the settlement of operations under its responsibility (Securities, FX, Money market and Mutual Funds)
- Manage and if necessary generate the information for the different regulatory reports
- Carry out first level controls related to the activities of the area.
- Address inquiries and claims from external / internal clients.
- Assist the internal / external auditors
- Maintain an adequate level of control in internal processes
- Generate an adequate work environment and teamwork
- Semi-senior resource
- Finished University Studies (Public Counts, Business Administration or similar)
- Minimum 4 years of experience bank or company of the first line
- Knowledge of Products / Financial Operating Processes and Capital Markets
- Excel / Microsoft Office skills
- Positive and proactive attitude
- Very good presence, written and oral communication and interest in teamwork.
- English: Advanced
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.