At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for performing a variety of duties related to securing and releasing the Bank's collateral interests for consumer loan products while providing a high level of customer service. Review, prepare, and mail titling documents on paid off consumer loans/leases to the customer, 3rd party, or other financial institutions. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to: researching and processing maintenance transactions to resolve issues from customer or branch inquiries including by phone, in written communications and in work orders.
Essential Job Functions
- Processes the following maintenance transactions ensuring compliance with the Bank's policies and applicable regulations: Manages outstanding titles/UCC's (Uniform Commercial Code) via the Collateral Management System (CMS) and Lien Solutions to ensure timely lien placement. Contacts appropriate agencies on an as needed basis to assist with the placement of the lien.
- Processes the following miscellaneous items in accordance with bank policies: Files UCC continuation on expiring liens, completes UCC updates to ensure compliance with pledged Borrower in Custody (BIC) files, researches miscellaneous loan requests to assist in the placement of the lien.
- Reviews signed documentation to ensure that the securing documents reflect accurate vehicle identification number (VIN) and are correctly signed. Works with the source of origination to resolve any issues identified in the review.
- Complies and ensures proper lien documentation according to policy and procedures to all city, county, and state requirement to ensure the bank’s perfection lien position in the collateral is filed in an orderly and timely mannter.
- Prepares documents for lien release ensuring that the documents satisfy Bank's internal policies and external regulations.
- Follows up with internal and external clients for outstanding items or to ensure documents are properly filed or recorded.
Other Job Duties
- Provides additional support to other back office groups in PFD as needed
- Opens, sorts, and process incoming mail and mail documents to the appropriate party.
- Updates and/or follows up on tickler, exception or missing items.
- Reviews, logs, and submits incoming titles to vault or CMS, dependent upon state requirements, for safekeeping.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Requires basic job knowledge of systems and procedures obtained through prior work experience or education.
(3) years minimum experience required. May require vocational or technical education in addition to prior work experience.
- Knowledge of MS Windows and MS Office software, including Word and Excel.
- Attention to details.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal regulations such as Regulation Z.
- Require customer service skills
- Require extensive work on the telephone with use of headset, and computer data entry and inquiry.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.