Job Description - APAC
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International FinancialServices (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services)and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients(retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in
Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions
About Businessline/Function :
- Bank of the West is a regional financial services company, headquartered in San Francisco, California. It is a subsidiary of BNP Paribas. It has more than 600 branches and offices in the Midwest and Western United States.
- The requirement is for the CFSSD – Test Environment Management team, which is a function within TCoE
Date: start date
BOW - TCoE
Mumbai / Chennai
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Provide a brief description of the overall purpose of the position, why this position exists and how it will contribute in achieving the team’s goal.
- We are seeking a Test Engineer who is passionate about understanding overall architecture on UI, middleware and database applications integration and intellectual curiosity to explore what problems need to be solved on test environment issues
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining applications configuration on all integrated environments to aid trouble shoot issues faced by users in the test environments within SLA
- Support to set up test environments to simulate production which includes running of batch
- Automation of health check scripts to report on environment health on a daily basis
- A Test Environment Engineer role; to support all functions of Test Environment Management which include – Daily health check on environments, control code promotions, simulate production like environments for testing, develop and maintain applications configuration for lower environments, Test data management and environment consulting
- Understand new projects test environment needs and support set up right environments for projects testing within SLA
- Automate health check scripts on test environment readiness.
- Support SLA tracking for improvement
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Proven experience in testing of integrated applications – UI, middleware and database
- Good understanding of database and data warehouse concepts (ORACLE & SQL SERVER).
- Good communication & articulation skills (verbal & written).
- Good team player.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Experience in programming languages like C, VB script, Java Script, Perl script, shells scripting is a plus
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- At least 4 to 9 years IT Software QA/Testing experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Retail Banking
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in data warehousing
- Experience in Test environment management and usage of test environment tools would be an added advantage
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Communication skills - oral & written
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)