As the leading European Union bank, and one of the world’s largest financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence in the region since 1860, BNP Paribas offers a wide range of financial services for corporate, institutional and private investors spanning corporate and institutional banking, wealth management, asset management and insurance.
We passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued and encourage applicants of all backgrounds, including diversity of origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion applicants who may be living with a disability. We have a number of internal employee networks in place to empower our staff to act and challenge the status quo.
• BNP Paribas PRIDE is highly active in favour of the LGBTQIA+ community
• BNP Paribas MixCity which fosters better representation of women at all levels of the organization
• Ability, the mutual aid network for employees with a disability or a disabling or chronic illness
• BNP Paribas CulturAll which celebrates diverse backgrounds
BNP is committed to financing a carbon-neutral economy by 2050. The Group is a founding member of the Net-Zero Banking Alliance and has set up its own Low Carbon Transition Group to support its clients through their energy transitions.
BNPP has won Top employer Europe award in a 10th consecutive year
Description of the Department:
The Tax Services team is a customer focused team; they support the business and client activities of the Operations division of BNP Paribas Securities Services. The team works in partnership with our clients to ensure all regulatory client deliverables are met accurately and on time. The team also has extensive interaction and dealings with all teams within the Operations division as well as other internal BNP Paribas Securities Services teams such as the Risk Function and Client Development teams.
The team is responsible for managing the successful delivery of tax reporting services to all of our clients.
This includes the following-
- Managing the client relationship from tax reporting perspective.
- Industry involvement in tax and software user forums.
- Monthly, quarterly and annual deliverables, including approx. 400 distribution calculations at yearend
- Performing an internal audit function in ensuring accounting records maintained are accurate.
- Working with other departments to resolve internal and external queries.
- SME involvement in transitions and projects
All services delivered by this team are required to consider current legislative and regulatory requirements and they must comply with operational risk guidelines. The team is involved in all major projects and transitions. Also, the investigation, management and resolution of any client and internal queries or issues which are directed to the team.
Summary of the Role:
The Tax Manager will report directly to the Head of Tax Services and will be responsible for managing a specialist team. The Manager will be responsible for the allocation of work to staff and ensuring the timely and accurate delivery of reporting and calculation services to clients in accordance with service level agreements.
On a day to day basis, the Manager provides support to the Tax Services team, enabling them to manage their clients and deliverables and assisting them to resolve specific queries with the clients. The Manager is the escalation point for all of our clients.
Working with various teams and individuals in the Operations division, the Manager is enlisted with facilitating excellent client support and service; they deal in a pro-active and effective manner with clients, both internal and external.
- Manage the Tax Services team to facilitate them to act as the operational contact for clients and to participate in service level reviews and other ad-hoc meetings. Act as the escalation point for the Tax Services team at these reviews and meetings.
- Provide training and development for staff within the team and be able to manage their expectations and development over time.
- Ensure that allocated client profiles are managed and agreed with all the relevant stakeholders (including external and internal clients).
- Ensure that deliverables to clients are delivered accurately and on time in accordance with agreed Service level agreements (SLA).
- Ensure that client queries are resolved in a timely manner and that any issues are escalated to the Head of Tax Services.
- Ensure testing of templates and processes is completed accurately and on time to ensure compliance with current legislation and internal policies.
- Provide transitions support towards the setup of new portfolios, clients or restructures as per client instructions.
- Perform formal supervision and controlled self-assessment testing of procedures and deliverables with our agreed risk management framework.
- Participate and actively drive initiatives aimed at improving efficiency and reducing operational risk within the business.
- Liaise with product, technical and other operational teams to ensure new product offerings, services or legislation changes are deployed successfully to production.
- Support the wider team at peak periods and act as the operational cover for colleagues.
Technical Skills required for the role:
- Knowledge of fund accounting, financial reporting and tax reporting and related operational risk and compliance requirements of the client service function.
- Solid understanding of the accounting and taxable income reconciliation process and the tax treatment of financial products and instruments.
- Good understanding of the application of tax principles in relation to unit trusts and the impact on its unitholders.
- Up to date knowledge of Australian tax legislation and accounting standards.
Core Competencies required for the role:
- Accountability - Committed to achieving the organisation’s objectives. Demonstrates perseverance and is accountable for own actions.
- Attention to detail - Ensures accuracy and implements processes to ensure quality of output. Ensures high personal standards in all areas of work.
- Client Focus - Complete commitment to provide professional, intelligent and timely responses to our clients’ needs and to changes in the market
- Commitment - Committed to our customers, shareholders and employees. Demonstrates enthusiasm towards the organization and motivation to add value and be part of the organization.
- Excellence - Results driven, committed to achieve consistently high standards in people, products and service that will make us the provider of choice for clients, and deliver returns for shareholders
- Planning & Execution - Establishes courses of action for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently. Effectively manages own time and resources to meet deadlines and quality standards.
- Risk awareness - Adheres to the organisation’s processes and procedures. Demonstrates a good understanding of compliance issues and implements work practices that minimise operational and reputational risk
- Team development - Optimises performance through working together. Understands how different individuals bring different skills and approaches. Works together to achieve collective goals.
- Technical/professional knowledge - Demonstrates a satisfactory level of technical and professional skills/knowledge in job related areas.
Pourquoi je candidaterais ?
Pour quelles raisons je rejoindrais BNP Paribas et pas une autre entreprise ?
Parce que je souhaite...
Et si on vous disait que travailler dans notre Groupe, ce n’est pas ce que vous croyez ? Chez BNP Paribas, on exerce une multitude de métiers qui évoluent en permanence pour être en phase avec les attentes des clientes et clients comme de la société. Au travers d’actions du quotidien ou de grands projets, exercer l’un de nos métiers, c’est s’engager pour agir durablement.
Se sentir bien dans son job, c’est avant tout venir travailler comme on est. C’est aussi avoir les moyens d’un bon équilibre entre sa vie professionnelle et sa vie personnelle. Deux engagements majeurs pour BNP Paribas.
Chez BNP Paribas, le développement de vos compétences est essentiel, pour vous comme pour nous. Et cela vous servira pour toute votre vie professionnelle.