At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for partnering with HR Business Partners and business leaders to drive integrated Talent strategies, processes and tools in the discipline of Talent Planning, Talent Reviews, Succession Planning, and Career Planning in order to meet the current and future needs of the business. Pivotal business partner and talent authority–ensuring we are identifying and building talent and aligning them with our business goals.
Essential Job Functions
- Collaborates with business and HR leaders to assess, develop and drive an employee lifecycle strategy including workforce planning, internal mobility, career planning, talent review and succession planning
- Promotes and maintains a learning organization culture by consulting on topics such as Talent identification, reviews, calibration, succession planning, organizational design, organizational effectiveness, and leadership development
- Manages Leaders for Tomorrow, a key talent program focused on developing and engaging high potential talent within the Bank
- Initiates and maintains the Talent review and succession program and various enterprise-wide HR processes and programs such as Corporate Title appointments, Enterprise Leadership Team membership, and MyMobility
- Collaborates with Learning & Development and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion to implement organizational solutions that grow the diversity and capability of our people, foster an engaged work environment, and increase organizational performance.
- Responsible for ensuring Talent strategies are aligned to organizational objectives and our Values – We Work Together. We Care. We Innovate. We Develop.
- Continues to build strong partnerships with the Commercial & Investment Bank (CIB) to ensure a holistic and consistent view on Talent in the Americas and alignment with parent, BNP Paribas.
- Develops appropriate metrics and tracking mechanisms to build accountability, measure results, and optimize the impact of the Talent programs.
- Continuously looks to refine our Talent programs and processes to ensure alignment with Bank’s priorities and ensure a diversity, equity and inclusion lens is applied to all our processes and programs.
- In partnership with our internal communications team, develops a coordinated messaging and/or internal marketing campaign that pulls together all the great program work to deliver an impactful story that delivers on our dedication to unleash the potential of our employees
- Ensure the talent management function is a strategic partner to the business, and champion a culture of continuous learning, growth mindset and knowledge sharing.
- Leads and empower a team; provide coaching to ensure individual and team growth.
- Partners with HR Analytics function to deliver quality metrics that drive priorities and enable better decision-making.
- Uses a customer-centric approach to design talent processes and solutions that are simple, easy and effective; optimized for scale
- Collaborates on internal mobility processes, including strategies to identify top talent, cultivate them for promotion and create strong pipeline programs for critical roles
- Partners with Diversity, Equity & Inclusion to develop, talent practices, and internal mobility processes that make a strategic connection between D,E,&I and organizational success
- Actively manages Key Performance Indicators by developing and analyzing key metrics to ensure the goals are met and/or exceeded
- Manages and continuously improves global (BNP Paribas) talent processes to ensure successful execution of our Talent Review, Succession Planning, and Leaders for Tomorrow processes
- 10 years of related experience, with a strong foundation of organizational development in a talent management or similar role with a proven track record of managing talent initiatives
- Experience designing, developing and supporting organization-wide Talent initiatives that cover, talent planning, organizational development, internal mobility, succession planning, and relationship management
- Successful track record in building, implementing, and sustaining key talent management initiatives and showing direct, positive linkages to the achievement of business strategy.
- Experience leading and developing a team and ability to be both hands on and execute in a matrix environment
- Experience in Project Management/Program Management with a strong analytical background.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human resources or equivalent work experience
- SPHR preferred
- Exhibits high levels of resourcefulness, influence, organizational savviness, execution skills (strategy through implementation) and executive presence. Must be effective at sharing ideas and information with peers and business leaders
- Self-directed leader with experience at designing and rapidly implementing new tools and processes and ability to handle numerous projects concurrently with an eye on budget
- Excellent communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills to effectively influence peers and leaders of a specific audience
- Demonstrated strategic mindset, effective consulting and influencing skills, service and results oriented, high attention to detail, critical thinking and with a sense of urgency
- Proven ability to collaborate and build trust, within complex organizational relationships, within teams, and one-on-one
- Flexibility, adaptability, agility; able to effectively prioritize and manage multiple projects/priorities simultaneously
- Data and metrics driven with experience working with people metrics to guide decisions
- Demonstrated program management and change management skills
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.