The opportunity has arisen for a Building Surveyor to join the Bristol Building Consultancy Team of BNP Paribas Real Estate. Due to a steady increase in opportunities and workload, we are seeking to strengthen our team with a qualified Building Surveyor.
The team is well established and highly respected in the market place, with an enviable client base and portfolio of instructions. You can expect to be busy from day-one, working within an experienced team, predominantly undertaking a mix of professional and project based instructions. The role offers real variety and career development, with continual training being embedded in the team philosophy. The team works across a range of property sectors and the role will cover the South West and South Wales, with the potential to become involved in a wider range of services both nationally.
You will be involved with a range of work including undertaking technical due diligence surveys, dilapidations, building pathology, planned preventative maintenance surveys, neighbourly matters, and specifying and administering refurbishment projects. Through the role, you will gain an all-round appreciation of commercial building surveying with the opportunity to progress your career to the next level.
Reporting to a director with support from a senior associate, from the outset there will be a high level of client contact and the opportunity to build strong networks throughout the national business. The role requires the candidate to be self-motivated, responsible for managing their own workload and able to work within multi-disciplinary teams delivering integrated services to clients.
By being part of BNP Paribas Real Estate, you will be joining a company that has global reach and offers class leading employee benefits.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Taking and being responsible for instructions, from inception through to completion, reporting to a director;
- Working as part of a local and national team for the delivery of instructions.
- Responsible for managing own workload on day-to-day and longer term basis;
- Undertaking technical due diligence instructions with senior members of the team, working with internal and external specialist consultants;
- Design and contract administration duties principally for refurbishment, repair and maintenance projects;
- Dilapidations, acting for both landlords and tenants, covering both assessments, schedule preparation and negotiation;
- Supporting the appraisal and monitoring of new developments for owners, occupiers and funders;
- Undertaking reinstatement cost assessments;
- Preparing planned preventative maintenance schedules;
- Providing technical building pathology advice;
- Managing Licences to Alter;
- Advising on neighbourly matters.
As well as the technical requirements, you will be involved with and support business development activities. You will be expected to support, and in time manage, client relationships, often at a senior level, and to work within the department to identify, build and maintain new business opportunities.
You will be required to:
- Work within clearly defined, well established processes;
- Proactively solve problems and find solutions, consulting with more experienced colleagues on more difficult or unfamiliar situations;
- Produce high quality written work;
- Work to and comply with BNPPRE’s quality management processes and procedures.
You will possess strong inter-personal skills, be sociable and prepared to proactively work within a busy, friendly and highly professional team. You will support and work with colleagues at all levels, have strong IT, time management and communication skills, be accurate in your work and have an eye for detail.
- Degree in Building Surveying
- MRICS qualified, or nearing qualification
The candidate should possess a full, clean driving licence.
We are proud to offer award-winning benefits to support and reward our employees:
- Heath & Leisure: Private medical cover, 25 days annual leave + public holidays (the option of purchasing up to 5 additional days via flex benefits), health screening, gym discounts, wellbeing support, volunteering opportunities, cycle to work scheme, eye care voucher, travel & retail discounts, travel insurance, concierge service, kids pass, open fairways golf card, great company culture and social events (including sports teams, charity events, art pass), perks at work
- Financial: Pension, company car allowance, life assurance at 8 x basic salary, group income protection, long term disability insurance, interest free season ticket loan, bonus scheme - you will be eligible to participate in the Company’s Bonus Scheme, share incentive plan, financial and mortgage advice
BNP Paribas Real Estate is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, colour, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.
BNP Paribas Real Estate is proud to be an inclusive employer, as recognised by our RICS Inclusive Employer status and membership to Stonewalls Diversity Champion Programme.