The Canterbury Land Management department is a forward-thinking and dynamic team that manages a number of diverse and interesting rural estate businesses across the South East.
Consistently one of the highest performing teams in the country, they continue to grow from strength to strength. As a department, they have gradually increased their influence with corporate and institutional clients.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to become an integral part of an experienced, friendly and creative team that place great value on building a supportive and enjoyable working environment, in which they feel empowered to challenge themselves.
The role will comprise a client-facing and leadership function, with the successful candidate joining the existing leadership team to continue enhancing this thriving group of diverse yet like-minded professionals. Significant focus is also placed on the development of new revenue opportunities for clients, whilst fulfilling the role as a trusted advisor within a rapidly changing rural backdrop.
The team adopt a passionate and progressive approach to rural business management and are looking for someone who is excited by the changing dynamics facing the rural sector as well as the opportunity to actively engage with other team members.
- Recognising and understanding the challenges and opportunities faced by the industry and how a role as a trusted advisor is crucial in supporting and improving clients’ businesses
- Understanding and building on the importance of natural capital and landscape management in shaping the future of the British Countryside
- Taking an active role in leading on a selection of key estate management clients, helping them to fulfil their ownership aspirations and gain enjoyment from their estate assets
- Undertaking professional and consultancy services on exciting and varied projects as well as delivering valuations, rent reviews and strategic advice
- Helping to manage and lead a high performing team, including mentoring and creating career opportunities for team members
- Working together to set and implement the local office strategy
- Developing new business initiatives, securing new business opportunities and team growth
Key Skills & Experience
- Competent and experienced MRICS qualified rural surveyor (or other relevant professional qualification) with experience of delivering work across a range of projects
- A reliable, friendly, approachable and supportive character, able to inspire, coach and drive the personal development of others
- Entrepreneurial, dynamic and able to apply professional and commercial judgement to deliver results
- Capable of building strong relationships with clients and fellow professionals to generate new opportunities
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and prioritise workload
- Excellent communication skills
- An understanding of confidentiality issues and the use of discretion
- Ability to network, influence and negotiate
- Commercially aware and financially astute
- Educated to degree level
- MRICS qualified rural surveyor or other relevant professional qualification
We are proud to offer award-winning benefits to support and reward our employees:
- Health & Leisure: Private medical cover, 25 days annual leave + public holidays (the option of purchasing up to 5 additional days via flex benefits), health screening, gym discounts, wellbeing support, volunteering opportunities, cycle to work scheme, eye care voucher, travel & retail discounts, travel insurance, concierge service, kids pass, open fairways golf card, great company culture and social events (including sports teams, charity events, art pass), perks at work
- Financial: Pension, life assurance at 8 x basic salary, group income protection, long term disability insurance, interest free season ticket loan, bonus scheme - you will be eligible to participate in the Company's Bonus Scheme, share incentive plan, financial and mortgage advice
BNP Paribas Real Estate is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, colour, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.
BNP Paribas Real Estate is proud to be an inclusive employer, as recognised by our RICS Inclusive Employer status and membership to Stonewalls Diversity Champion Programme