The Head of Shared Services will be responsible for designing, building and managing a team that will deliver best in class property management, financial and administration services to Strutt & Parker Rural teams and clients. This role will be accountable for the daily central operational activity for the business line and the organisation and performance of the functions under their authority
This role will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of the team and processes including engaging and working with a team of external consultants.
Once the team is in place, the role will be focused on the relationship with the local offices, the daily management of the Shared Service team, monitoring quality and compliance and identifying further improvements.
The Head of Shared Services will also advise the Rural Executive on its strategy & policy and contribute to the relations with the wider BNP Paribas Real Estate business lines. Nationally, the role is to coordinate the different teams to achieve its objectives and control the consistency of its actions and delivery.
- Working in conjunction with the Rural Executive to assist in the development and implementation of effective business plans, vision and strategy for the short, medium and longer term.
- Responsible for the coordination of the development and building of the team, the processes and the required infrastructure, supported by external consultants and the Rural Executive.
- To encourage and facilitate a broad adoption and use of the service across the business, build relationships with key stakeholders and build feedback into the service line.
- A key focus on driving a progressive culture in order to retain existing clients and assist the business in securing new clients.
- Regularly review the team’s structure and tools to ensure the service offering reflects the requirements of the business and our clients.
- Engagement in and oversight of processes in order to drive quality and profitability.
- Work in conjunction with the Rural Executive to develop a culture of process improvement through training, communication and development of appropriate systems and processes.
- Monitor with the Finance Business Partner the teams cost recharging.
- Ensure effective business continuity arrangements are in place and tested.
- Preparation, monitoring and revision of budgets.
- Manage projects requiring cross-functional co-operation.
- Thorough knowledge and experience of property management (including maintenance management of contractors and tenancy progression).
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles.
- Ability to analyse financial data and report internally and externally.
- Ability to motivate teams to deliver quality within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Inspire, coach, mentor and develop team members and nurture talent.
- Delegate and empower others effectively to provide challenge and learning.
- Actively communicate and support the vision of the Business Line and Company.
- Responsible for strategic recruitment.
- Set clear objectives, appraise and regularly monitor performance of direct reports.
Systems and Process
- Experienced in delivering new processes and procedures.
- Provide proactive leadership in creating an effective, robust compliant process environment.
- Evaluates, adapts and improves standards, techniques and procedures.
- Regularly review processes in order to improve quality and profitability.
- Be innovative and creative with developing systems and processes and encourage this in others.
- Ensure timely compliance with Anti Money Laundering regulations and KYC process.
- Managing, improving and implementing a control framework, coordinating with Risk and Internal Audit teams when required.
- Ensure the timely implementation of all audit recommendations.
BNP Paribas Real Estate is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status