Graduate Surveyor - Perth
We are looking for a talented and ambitious individual to join our Perth team, who demonstrates the attributes that are fundamental to becoming a successful surveyor.
The Graduate Programme supports you to become a Rural Chartered Surveyor with the RICS and a Fellow of the Central Association of Agricultural Valuers, and the programme generally takes on average two years to complete.
You will be assigned a Buddy in your office, Supervisor and Counsellor upon joining.
Training and development
- Full APC training with the RICS and continued support for all graduates;
- Full training with the Central Associate of Agricultural Valuers;
- Pre-APC mock interviews/presentation training and seminars;
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD) lectures.
Roles and responsibilities
- To work on day to day tasks as set by line manager and APC supervisor;
- To take responsibility for work and projects as appropriate to the team/department in which they currently work;
- To liaise with APC supervisor and counsellor on a regular basis to discuss progress towards the APC;
- First class ability to prioritise and manage own workload
Deliver to client
- Relevant understanding of business/department context;
- Accuracy and quality of reporting to clients;
- Profoundly personal in communication style;
- Is responsive to the needs of the client and looks for ways to improve delivery and relationship.
Clients and Business Development
- Proactive in building relationships with internal and external contacts and responsive and helpful to clients
- Relevant understanding of business/departmental context
- Accuracy and quality of reporting to clients.
- Shares expertise with colleagues;
- Proactively communicates to colleagues in office and around the business;
- Works collaboratively with others in a team;
- Ability to work flexibly on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to manage relationships with tact and diplomacy;
- Awareness of Equal Opportunities
Systems and Process
- Works within clearly defined, well established processes under regular supervision.
- Solves problems by following well defined processes and precedents
- Consults more experienced colleagues on more difficult or unfamiliar situations
- Conscious of and takes steps to protect the interests of BNP Paribas Real Estate, employees and reputation.
- Competent using all Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint);
- Interpersonal skills – confident communications with the ability to express opinions clearly and convincingly;
- Achievement/determination – strong track record of academic and personal achievement
- Motivated and committed to a career within Surveying;
- Analytical capability – good problem-solving skills and logical approach.
- Already achieved or working towards an RICS
- Non-cognate route distance learning courses are available which the company will support.
- Work experience within rural surveying
BNP Paribas Real Estate, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading European real estate adviser with more than 5,400 experts across 36 countries. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. The personal information we collect are for the purposes of processing in connection with the company’s recruitment procedure. We will keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely. For more information about how we processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
BNP Paribas Real Estate is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, colour, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.