Building Surveyor - Chester
An outstanding opportunity has arisen to become a key member of the Rural Land Management and Consultancy team in Chester. In this role you will be Responsible for the maintenance, repair and renovation of Estate buildings across a number of privately owned rural estates and properties in the Northwest of England and North Wales. This includes buildings of various construction (notably traditional), let and in hand and a range of uses such as residential, agricultural, commercial and tourism.
Routine maintenance and repair including:
- Property inspections
- Assessing and managing required and best practice cyclical maintenance and checks
- Assessing, programming, instructing, managing and supervising external contractors to complete maintenance and repairs
- Co-ordinating with tenants and occupiers
- Quality of work control
Improvement, refurbishment and renovation schemes including
- Preparation of specifications and schedules for minor works
- Instructing and overseeing a professional team for major works
- Planning projects and producing budget costings
- Managing contract tenders and being familiar with JCT contracts
- Instructing, managing and supervising contractors
- Quality control and completion
Statutory compliance including
- Health & Safety implications associated with Estate property, contactors, tenants and staff
- Recording, managing and carrying out clients’ Health & Safety Policies
- Ensuring clients and contractors meet their respective Health & Safety duties including competence, confirming necessary insurances, certifications, working methods and risk assessments.
- Obtaining statutory consents including, planning, Listed Building and Building Regulation.
- Obtaining and managing necessary certifications & checks on behalf of Landlord’s/property owners
- Ensuring compliance with CDM regulations for both notifiable and non-notifiable projects
Finance and budgets
- Input into/preparation of Estate/client budgets for property maintenance
- Regular reporting on building expenditure against budget
- Assessing quotations obtained for quality and value
- Assisting and advising on building cost apportionments between revenue and capital for taxation purposes.
- Competent and experienced MRICS or MCIOB qualified surveyor with a minimum of 3 years post qualification experience
- Possess a composed manner in order to be able to work under pressure
- Good time management and ability to prioritise workloads
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills - must be capable of building and maintaining good relationships with team members, other colleagues and clients
- Confident manner with clients and the team
- Building Surveyor - MRICS or MCIOB, with a relevant degree or qualifications and minimum of 3 years post qualification experience
- Proficient in the use of Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- 27 days annual leave
- Life assurance at 8 x basic salary
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Private GP Service
- Group Income Protection
- Eye Care Voucher
BNP Paribas Real Estate is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, colour, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.
BNP Paribas Real Estate is proud to be an inclusive employer, as recognised by our RICS Inclusive Employer status and membership to Stonewalls Diversity Champion Programme.