About the job
- Within the RISK function, Risk Enterprise Architecture (ERA) gathers and transforms data into Risk information to provide internal and external stakeholders with a holistic understanding of the Bank’s current and anticipated risks
- In order to provide a transversal understanding of the Bank’s risks, RISK ERA:
- Develops the infrastructure (i.e. systems, models and services) to quantify, analyze and report risks
- Manages the quality of RISK data to ensure high standards of risk representation, analysis and reporting
- Independently assesses the Bank’s liquidity, interest rate and foreign exchange risk of ALMT activities
Profile and Skills to Success
- Master’s Degree in Science / Engineering
- Data Analytics in the financial world as field of expertise
- Fluent in English, both written and oral are mandatory
- Knowledge in
- Operations and processes
- IT Programs
- Programming tools
- Data Viz, Blending , Analytics
- Statistics modeling tools (is a plus)
- Ability to develop and adapt a process
- Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
- Ability to deliver / Results driven
- Analytical Ability
- Background in programming (R or Python, SQL) with interests in financial world
About the Team
- RISK ERA serves the Chief Risk Officer, the General Management and the Board, as well as the RISK business domains, for each type of risk. RISK ERA is a worldwide department, located in Paris, London, Brussels, New York, Hong Kong and Lisbon
- Stress-Testing and Financial Synthesis (STFS) Lisbon
- The team aims to manage Stress Tests models on the one hand and to ingest and transform the data, which ultimately feeds a simulation engine, on the other hand. The STFS Lisbon unit is made of two teams
- Stress Testing Methodologies and Models Lisbon
- Stress Testing Data Analytics Lisbon
- Stress Testing Data Analytics Lisbon
- The objective is to set up a quarterly database for STFS, used as a starting point to stress capital and cost of risk on the credit risk perimeter of the bank. This includes the processes of Data collection, Data ingestion, Data quality, Data preparation, Data cleaning and Data analysis in a Big Data environment with DATAIKU DSS (Data Science Studio), using PySpark, Hive, Hadoop. To do the data analysis it is also used tableau to develop several data quality dashboards
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.