BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 196,000 employees, including around 149,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets, International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors.
BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking is a globally recognised leader offering capital markets, securities services, financing, treasury and advisory solutions.
Business Area/Dept Overview
The main mission of the Management & Supervisor Information (MSI) team is to provide General Management, CIB and the RISK Function with a global independent view and analysis of key risks, related to market, liquidity, equity and counterparty risks.
Purpose: Market and counterparty risk reporting analyst working on the production and improvements of stress testing (such as P&L for trading book and exposures for counterparty risk).
Scope: Global Markets and Security Services globally (cross-asset and all-regions) with particular attention to the internal model perimeter for market and counterparty risk.
Core accountabilities of role
Contribute to the origination and compilation of stress testing analysis and reports (both market and counterparty risk) to support the various risk committees/meetings in place within BNP Paribas.
- · In particular the Financials Markets Risk Committee which is the highest market risk forum in BNP Paribas established between RISK, the senior managers of GM, CIB and General Management.
- · Contribute to the governance and improvement to the overall stress testing platform.
- · Review and ensure the quality of other contributor's material /documentation of final results.
- · Continuous improvements to the contents and quality of any reporting based upon information from current business activities and to remain efficient in report production are also required.
- · Assist on supervisory reporting and ad-hoc stress testing needs. e.g.
o Ad-hoc focus/studies where stress testing can be used to manage market events.
o Supervisor requests for stress tests e.g. ECB, Fed, Bank of England…
o Group wide stress test exercises.
Skills & Experience Required
- · Bachelor’s degree with a numerical focus (e.g. natural sciences, engineering, computing, economics)
- · Skills – Technical: Microsoft Office (Proficient); Knowledge of statistical concepts (Basic, possibly gained through academic work)
- · Skills – Behavioural: English Verbal and Written Communication Skills (Proficient); Ability to Collaborate / Teamwork (Proficient); Attention to Detail (Proficient); Ability to Develop and Adapt a Process (Basic); Ability to Deliver / Results Driven (Basic); Ability to Develop and Leverage Networks (Basic); Ability to share / pass on knowledge (Basic)
- · Skills – Technical: XL/VBA/Python coding (Basic in one or more); Knowledge of Market or Counterparty, Risk and corresponding numerical approaches (Basic in one or more, possibly gained through academic exposure)
- · Skills – Behavioural: Ability to Develop and Adapt a Process (basic); Ability to develop and leverage networks (basic)
- Previous relevant experience within banking, e.g. within Risk and/or Front Office, and/or management consulting or audit/supervisory roles is advantageous.
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
As an employee with BNP Paribas London Branch, we want to make sure that you are rewarded for your commitment. As such, you will be entitled to our award winning benefits package which includes a generous holiday allowance of at least 34 days (including bank holidays), a non-contributory pension of 12%, private healthcare, GP service and dental cover all as standard, along with a number of personal insurances such as income protection, life assurance and personal accident insurance. We believe in ensuring all our employees have a positive work life balance so in addition you will also have access to a variety of flexible lifestyle benefits such as cycle to work and green car leasing schemes, season ticket loans and reduced cinema and gym membership to name a few.
Découvrez les métiers de BNP Paribas : Audit, Conformité, Risques et Juridique
Le paysage réglementaire de notre secteur évolue rapidement et nous nous devons d’être irréprochables ! Pour exercer un métier à fortes responsabilités et prendre part à des décisions stratégiques pour le bon fonctionnement de BNP Paribas, découvrez les opportunités offertes dans les métiers de l’audit, de la conformité, des risques et du juridique.En savoir plus
Pourquoi je candidaterais ?
Pour quelles raisons je rejoindrais BNP Paribas et pas une autre entreprise ?
Parce que je souhaite...
Et si on vous disait que travailler dans notre Groupe, ce n’est pas ce que vous croyez ? Chez BNP Paribas, on exerce une multitude de métiers qui évoluent en permanence pour être en phase avec les attentes des clientes et clients comme de la société. Au travers d’actions du quotidien ou de grands projets, exercer l’un de nos métiers, c’est s’engager pour agir durablement.
Se sentir bien dans son job, c’est avant tout venir travailler comme on est. C’est aussi avoir les moyens d’un bon équilibre entre sa vie professionnelle et sa vie personnelle. Deux engagements majeurs pour BNP Paribas.
Chez BNP Paribas, le développement de vos compétences est essentiel, pour vous comme pour nous. Et cela vous servira pour toute votre vie professionnelle.