About the job
- By Joining RISK Portugal at BNP Paribas, you will be part of a dynamic, talented and expert team, with a global coverage. You will be able to develop your knowledge through career development plan and internal mobility. The journey starts here
- By integrating the CPA Lisbon team, the Strategic Credit Analyst works in a best in class credit portfolio analysis team, in an international and dynamic environment
Your Main Activities Are
- Contribute to an enhanced level of understanding of the BNP Paribas credit risk profile by sector (Aviation, Shipping, Commercial Real Estate, Telecom, among others) in closed interactions with Businesses
- Analyse and explain key metrics, trends, axes of analysis
- Analyse portfolio to give strategic information by sectors
- Explain variation and highlight strategic information with a business and risk view perspectives
- Give a forward-looking view on the portfolio, considering the economic and financial environment
- Present analyses to ease decision making
- Select and summarize strategic information for the management
- Present conclusions during committees and forums
- Monitor the sectoral limit’s consumptions
- Anticipate changes by liaising with RISK streams and Businesses on portfolios’ evolutions
- Follow up the portfolio in a proactive and regular mode
- Contribute to the transformation of the team´s processes by playing an active role in the context of the new digitalized business model
- Ensure a robust permanent control framework to deliver in a timely manner, reliable and consistent analysis
Profile and Skills to Success
- Masters Degree in Financial / Banking sector
- At least 04 years of relevant experience in Credit Risk
- Fluent level of English, both oral and written
- Knowledge in
- Risk Management
- Office Pack (PowerPoint)
- Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
- Ability to deliver / Results driven
- Analytical Ability
About the Team
- GSA is located in Paris, Brussels, Hong-Kong, New York, Montreal and Lisbon
- In the GSA department, Credit Portfolio Analysis (CPA) team is in charge of analysing the quality and dynamics of the credit portfolio, including among others cost of risk, portfolios under Risk Appetite Statement envelope, ESG and sensitivity analysis. The team is working in close coordination with the RISK practitioners and businesses. Also coordinates credit-related committees/forums such as the CIB Credit Portfolio Committee
- The scope of analysis is global, covering the entire Group BNP Paribas portfolio (corporate, financial institutions, sovereign, retail)
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.