BNP Paribas Cardif insures 100 million clients in the world. As the insurance subsidiary of BNP Paribas, it aims at being the global benchmark for insurance partnerships and the leading provider of personal insurance solutions.
Our people have extensive expertise and experience that creates tangible benefit for marketing, actuarial analysis and data management. We have in-depth understanding of our partner distributors and their industries, allowing us to optimize their insurance offering and the experience they deliver for their customers. Detailed knowledge of our partners also lets us provide support for their sales organizations and management of their networks.
We are currently seeking a
Standard and Internal Control Analyst
for our Financial Business Unit based in
who will be involved in all or part of the following activities:
- Ensure the elaboration and the continuous improvement of the Finance Internal Control Framework in compliance with BNP Paribas Group and BNP Paribas Cardif standards.
- Contribute to the optimization of the financial risks management through the deployment / update of the second line of defense internal control framework. The perimeter to be covered is Management Accounting at central and international level, in accordance with existing regulations and Finance / Risk internal control guidelines.
- Contribute to the efficiency of Finance activities and controls of Management Accounting departments by performing check and challenge review campaigns, issuing recommendations / action Plans and specific studies.
- Contribute to monitor and synthetize the Finance Internal Control framework on the Management Accounting perimeter, mainly on the international scope.
- Coordinate and centralize the management of the local Finance second line of defense on the international perimeter.
- Ensure the review (following a risk-based approach) of the management accounting process in order to identify, follow-up and assess risks, which leads to:
- Ensure the identification of key processes,
- Contribute in challenging the Risk Matrix (Risk Control Self-Assessment performed by the First Line of Defense) on its perimeter and review the assessment made by first the line of defense (operational management accounting teams) if necessary,
- Contribute to the appropriate definition and assessment of Inherent risks performed by the operational team within its perimeter,
- Review and Challenge the controls deployed reducing the inherent risk and the risk assessment
- Measure the residual risk by performing the second line of defense campaign review of the controls performed by the operational management accounting team
- Contribute in the drafting and promotion of standards and governance memos within the Cardif Management Accounting department and share them with International Management Accounting team.
- Ensure that the relevant procedures for Management Accounting departments have been shared with countries and implemented.
- Ensure that relevant procedures for the Finance Second Line of defense have been shared with local finance second line of defense.
- Contribute to one-time analysis, studies on requests from the manager.
This position is open to holders of Master degree or equivalent in any a Business school
Minimum of 5 years previous working experience in a finance department, Audit or Management Accounting.
Fluency in English – Portuguese is appreciated, French is a plus
An extensive experience on both External Audit company and Management Accounting or Insurance company would be appreciated.
Skills & Basic Features:
- Audit techniques and risk based approach
- Management Accounting
- Solvency 2
- IFRS Norms
- Insurance Model
- Strong Writing skills
- Microsoft Pack office
- French would be a plus.
- Soft Skills:
- Preciseness and Professional curiosity
- Analytical Skill
- Synthesis skill
- Result oriented
- Ability to interact, collaborate
- Ability to communicate with impact
- Capacity of initiative and autonomy
Any Other Additional Requirements:
Willing and able to work outside normal office hours under exceptional circumstances.
This position required availability for a 1 week training in parent location (to be confirmed - depending of sanitary situation)
Start date: ASAP ideally in March 2022
Contract Type: Permanent
If your profile and motivations matches our needs, you feel motivated to join our company do not hesitate in sending us you application, we will be delighted to consider you for this position.
Please note that we will only consider and move forward in the process for applications submitted with:
- Certificate of Studies
- Cover letter
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.